Manager, Government Relations, South Lao
Kimberly-Clark (K-C) is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 42,000 employees worldwide and operations in 35 countries. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
The Position and its Scope
This role will manage K-C’s South Latin America government relations program, drive policy outcomes at the federal and state levels and lead campaigns to support South LAO business growth. Responsibilities include:
- Manage tax and fiscal policy advocacy
- Build and maintain consistent relationships with regional government and industry stakeholders
- Align advocacy operations to deliver (i) policy victories at the federal level and (ii) enhance our reputation at the national and community levels by partnering with stakeholders on key public policy initiatives
- Properly evaluate and build working relationships with stakeholders in the legislative and executive branches of government, including key regulatory agencies
- Operate with integrity and comply with all applicable laws and regulations
Reporting: This position reports to the South LAO Regional General Counsel, which is part of the Legal Department, with a dotted line report to the Vice President, Global Government Relations.
Customers and Customer Expectations: Key customers include regional business leaders, regional legal team and key regional leaders in critical staff functions (Human Resources, Legal, Tax, Trade Compliance, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, among others). Customers expect strategic advice and counsel on advocacy efforts in support of key business priorities and a strong track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
Align advocacy efforts with business leaders, legal team, government relations and key regional leaders in critical staff functions as noted above. Provide on-going reporting and communications with these leaders to keep them informed and stay informed of engagement activities impacting business conditions.
Develop strategic relationships with business leaders and employees to understand K-C’s business, identify policy and political issues impacting the business, provide strategic advice regarding engagement efforts and anticipate future challenges.
Communicate: Regularly inform business leaders regarding advocacy efforts.
- Ten (10) – fifteen (15) years of relevant corporate government relations experience
- High business acumen in tax and finance derived from substantial experience working with in a global multinational corporate environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; and cultural sensitivity
- Master’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position
- Demonstrated prior experience in government negotiations with an emphasis on tax and fiscal policy
- Ability to work with a broad range of government stakeholders, including federal and state officials as well as regulatory authorities
- Expert knowledge of the legislative and regulatory processes
- A strong track record of successful advocacy before governmental authorities
- Well-developed network of government relations stakeholders
- Expertise navigating community affairs, government relations, and media relations
- Ability to communicate to all levels within an organization, particularly senior management
- Ability to work in a matrixed, collaborative environment
- Highly developed project management skills; a proven track record managing cross-functional teams
- Think critically and strategically, align programs and projects to business objectives
- Relationship Management – both internal and external. Client orientation with a constructive approach to resolution of issues. A style that builds alliances and a learning environment within the organization
- Personal tenacity, integrity and tact
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to act independently and collaborate across functional areas
This position is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina
For those interested in this role, please send a resume to Bettina.email@example.com .
Travel Requirements: 20%
Job posted: 2020-02-25