Manager of Grassroots Advocacy
National Patient Advocate Foundation (NPAF), is a national nonprofit organization that brings patient voices to health system delivery reform. We develop and drive initiatives promoting equitable access to affordable quality health care through public policy, advocacy and public and private partnerships.
To read more about us, please visit our website at www.npaf.org.
NPAF is seeking a Manager of Grassroots Advocacy. This key role will be responsible for recruiting, educating, mobilizing and retaining volunteers to advance NPAF’s mission and policy goals. This position will provide day-to-day management and support of NPAF’s volunteer program including grassroots campaign organization, digital and community engagement, regular communications and trainings.
- Manage day-to-day functions and activities of the volunteer program, focusing specifically on recruiting new volunteers, cultivating and activating current volunteers
- Serve as the organization’s primary contact for NPAF volunteers
- Maintain volunteer database to support efficient and effective outreach communications and engagement evaluation for measuring impact
- Assist in developing grassroots advocacy content for NPAF website
- Assist in developing campaign toolkits and other field materials for volunteer engagement
Campaign and Digital Organizing
- Support associate director of policy and field advocacy in identifying opportunities for grassroots engagement
- Boost engagement and tracking of volunteers and followers on social media to help increase digital sharing of NPAF campaigns
- Assist in building distributed organizing infrastructure and systems focused on volunteer recruitment, management, and directed action
- Assist in developing engaging content and implementing new digital strategies that drive conversions for both online and offline actions
- Manage and execute a social media and email strategies content calendar for NPAF campaigns
- Update and maintain volunteer engagement data
- Collaboratively create and disseminate materials and communications associated with grassroots network and patient advocacy recruitment, education, training and mobilization
- Develop mechanisms for regular communications with volunteers to move them up a ladder of engagement
- Execute, and assist in planning, a calendar of grassroots communications – including testing, segmentation, full list emails, and personal emails to subsets of supporters and volunteers, and daily social media posts.
- Maintain all digital and supporter engagement platforms (e.g. email, website, social media) in collaboration with associate director of policy and field advocacy and senior director of public relations
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of professional experience in campaign and digital organizing and mobilizing, and the ability to mentor others in digital organizing skills
- Experience in managing volunteers
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to health care reform and patient advocacy
- Creative eye for graphic design and developing content across a variety of channels and platforms (extensive design experience is not required), with proven ability for quick turnaround
- Experience with web development a plus
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail while being committed to producing accurate and high- quality deliverables
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Proven experience in maintaining project schedules, documentation, communications and meeting deadlines
- Proven research, writing, and communication skills (oral and written), with ability to manage diverse range of constituents, issues and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
NPAF is pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. We are committed to bringing financial health and prosperity to the people of our organization which is reflected in a total compensation package. Our benefits include: health, dental & visions options, STD/LTD, group life & AD&D, group accident and cancer plans, paid holidays, vacation, sick & personal leave, paid winter shut down, 401k with matching, and various wellness programs.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an organization that makes a difference! Please submit your cover letter and resume through Indeed.
One team, one mission – Are you ready to make a difference?
NPAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
In response to COVID-19, NPAF has temporarily transitioned to remote work until it is safe to return to the office.
- Washington, DC 20005 (Required)
- 1. While we are currently working remotely because of the pandemic, this position is based in NPAF’s Washington, DC office. Are you able to regularly travel to DC? (yes/no) 2. Have you managed volunteers in a previous role? (yes/no) 3. Do you have previous experience working in a campaign? (yes/no)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job posted: 2020-08-17