Manager, Grassroots and Communications
America’s Blood Centers (ABC), North America’s largest network of community-based, independent blood programs, is seeking a Manager, Grassroots and Communications for our expanding advocacy team. The position will assist in managing issue advocacy campaigns, implementing new grassroots programs and developing a robust network of blood advocates. This position will also oversee ABC public relations and communications efforts, including developing and executing robust communication and marketing plans to promote ABC, its member blood centers, and the importance of blood donation.
- Manage and expand ABC’s member grassroots advocacy programs and campaigns, including site visits, our annual Day on Capitol Hill, education and training throughout the year, and material development.
- Develop and promote activities that recruit grassroots volunteers and build a grassroots network that includes blood donors, patients, community partners, and other stakeholders.
- Execute and deliver industry and association messaging and communications to critical audiences around Association’s priorities and ensure digital, social and earned media efforts and goals are fully integrated and aligned with ABC’s Advocacy Agenda.
- Assist in the development and implementation of communications and marketing plans that engage and inform members and external audiences about ABC’s advocacy activities.
- Manage inquiries from the media and other stakeholders and develop a library of talking points and press statements for member use.
- Work on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote association’s success.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of related experience in communications and/or grassroots advocacy.
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, detailed oriented.
- Requires ability to multitask and determine priorities.
- Requires ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a part of teams.
This position is based in Washington D.C.
America’s Blood Centers employs talented individuals whose passion, drive and skills are necessary to fulfill our mission. America’s Blood Centers offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, and 401k contribution. We are a hybrid virtual office that promotes a flexible work environment. Applicants must be able to maintain a safe, separate workspace in which they can complete their work that is free from distraction and limits accessibly by non-employees and live in an area where they can obtain reliable internet service. This is a full-time staff position including benefits and a stipend for internet and telephone services.
America’s Blood Centers prohibits discrimination and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2019-04-06