Manager, Grassroots and PAC
This position assists the Vice President, Political Affairs – PAC and Grassroots in managing the day-to-day activities of TravelPAC and U.S. Travel’s Grassroots program. Responsibilities include managing TravelPAC fundraising, prior authorizations, and events. This position will also manage grassroots campaigns and assist in advocacy outreach to U.S. Travel members and elected officials. Candidates should have strong collaboration skills, as this position will work closely with the Government Relations team as well as other key departments within the U.S. Travel Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and execution of TravelPAC fundraising events throughout the year during CEO Roundtables, board meetings, the summer auction and other industry events in coordination with the VP and EVP.
- Coordinate robust prior approval campaigns to obtain authorization from U.S. Travel members.
- Organize industry fundraising events with EVP and GR team that support the campaigns of U.S. Travel champions.
- Assist with Aristotle 360 PAC Compliance Software data entry.
- Assist in the development, writing, copyediting and distribution of the quarterly TravelPAC newsletter.
- Facilitate day-to-day activities of U.S. Travel’s grassroots program to increase political education and involvement of U.S. Travel members and the travel industry.
- Draft communications to advocates—including newsletters, action alerts and social media outreach.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the annual fly-in event.
- Manage updates to the advocacy website (travelcoalition.org)
- Proactively explore new ways to amplify the travel industry’s voice.
- Identify and track legislation or regulations that impact the travel community and recommend necessary level of support or opposition.
- Compose, edit, update and transmit legislative advocacy documents such as issue papers, talking points, testimony, speeches and letters.
- Monitor, attend and report on relevant hearings, briefings, and meetings.
- Respond to the needs of U.S. Travel members, including unique or sector-specific demands.
- Collaborate with internal teams to advance U.S. Travel initiatives.
- Work with outside stakeholders, including consultants and travel industry lobbyists.
- Be an effective collaborator and mediator who listens attentively, shares information and responds appropriately.
- Build and maintain business relationships with key associations, think tanks and
- Attend PAC events and other political and industry functions that often require attendance in early mornings or evenings.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit.
- Teamwork: Demonstrating and promoting a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit; working together toward a common goal; building good relationships with internal and outside work unit; building good relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Conveying written and oral communications effectively; negotiating and mediating effectively; sharing information; listening attentively, and responding appropriately.
- Initiative: Recognizing the need for action; confronting issues and taking appropriate action; pursuing an issue until the problem is solved.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems affecting the work unit or U.S. Travel Association; taking early corrective action to avoid problems; generating new ideas and practical solutions.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years prior advocacy, PAC, and grassroots work experience.
- Basic knowledge of FEC compliance is required.
- Trade Association PAC experience is preferred.
- Coding experience is preferred.
- Skilled in advocacy for the travel and tourism industry would be considered a plus but is not required.
- Understands the legislative process and has good political instincts.
If interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and reference list to email@example.com. Please type “Manager, Grassroots and PAC” in the subject line of your email.
Job posted: 2021-09-27