Manager, Grassroots and PAC
This position is responsible for helping to grow two key components of U.S. Travel’s Advocacy operations (Grassroots and PAC). The person in this role is responsible for maintaining, improving and growing U.S. Travel’s grassroots program to increase political education and engagement of U.S. Travel members and the broader travel industry. Additionally, this person is responsible for advancing, growing and implementing a fundraising strategy for various membership constituencies.
PRIMARY GRASSROOTS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and improve U.S. Travel’s grassroots program to increase political education and engagement of U.S. Travel members and the travel industry
- Grow and cultivate grassroots base to further U.S. Travel’s advocacy efforts
- Identify new targets and expand U.S. Travel’s grasstops and key contacts program, as well as cultivate new grassroots champions
- Draft communications to advocates including newsletters and action alerts
- Grow and improve U.S. Travel’s advocacy focused social media outreach working with the U.S. Travel communications team
- Aid in the planning process for U.S. Travel’s annual Capitol Hill fly-in event
- Maintain the U.S. Travel advocacy website and make appropriate and timely updates
- Streamline management of member databases and ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date
- Work collaboratively and in conjunction with government relations and communications colleagues in development of grassroots content
PRIMARY PAC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase the solicitable class of Travel PAC by working to optimize database and communications practices
- Assist in implementing a prior approval campaign to obtain PAC solicitation authorization from U.S. Travel members
- Manage Aristotle 360 PAC Compliance Software data entry
- Process contributions and disbursements for Travel PAC
- Increase visibility of the PAC at U.S. Travel Events
- Monitor media coverage of campaigns for PAC targets and update government relations staff regularly
- Teamwork: Demonstrating and promoting a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit; working together toward a common goal; building good relationships with internal and outside work units; building good relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Conveying written and oral communications effectively; negotiating and mediating effectively; sharing information; listening attentively and responding appropriately.
- Initiative: Recognizing the need for action; confronting issues and taking appropriate action; pursuing an issue until the problem is solved.
- Developing Staff: Training, coaching and counseling others continually to improve; developing capabilities through formal and informal training and coaching; developing backup capabilities; helping direct reports in their pursuit of career goals.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems affecting the work unit or U.S. Travel Association; taking early corrective action to avoid problems; generating new ideas and practical solutions.
- Leadership: (for Directors and Above) – Influencing and motivating others to achieve a common purpose; developing and maintaining an atmosphere of trust and cooperation; demonstrating behavior consistent with the expectations communicated to others.
- 10%, domestic
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications or in an applicable related field plus three-five years’ prior work experience in Grassroots and/or PAC. Trade association and/or travel industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Salesforce, Magnet Mail and Aristotle 360 systems is preferred.
- Basic to intermediate web editing skills.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Grassroots and PAC” listed in the subject line.
Job posted: 2019-01-25