Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Grassroots Program
Manager, Grassroots Programs –
Location – Washington DC
The Manager, Grassroots Programs is responsible for:
- Managing and benchmarking the CAP grassroots program, PathNET.
- Developing, implementing and managing the CAP’s grassroots advocacy initiatives through collaboration with CAP members and other stakeholders
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Manages the CAP’s grassroots advocacy network, PathNET, including recruiting new participants, developing and training materials for members, supervises and tracks member advocacy activities, administering PathNET member benefits, and encouraging member engagement.
- Responsible for using data and metrics to develop short and long-term plans to effectively utilize, build, and strengthen the CAP grassroots programs. Utilizes Aristotle to track progress and measure performance.
- Coordinates with the PAC Manager to develop, implement, and manage the annual Advocacy Calendar of grassroots and PAC activity. Also attends meet and greets with Members of Congress and congressional candidates when needed.
- Manages CAP members relationships with Members of Congress in key congressional districts to enhance advocacy objectives for the organization.
- Activates members to advocacy action by mobilizing them through grassroots action alerts, laboratory tours, meetings with Members of Congress, and other key activities.
- Manages cross-organizational work to support grassroots initiatives including collaboration with the Marketing, Communications, Membership, Learning Departments and other teams to support advocacy work.
- Plans, designs, develops pathology education modules using instructional learning software to support advocacy goals. Coordinates with cross-functional teams to streamline development process and ensure delivery of educational materials.
- Devises strategies to promote materials to CAP members through collaboration with CAP departments as well as CAP leadership in order to best meet their needs.
- Responsible for implementing and managing grassroots campaigns to support the federal and state advocacy agenda, including coordinating with CAP lobbyists to identify legislative targets for grassroots advocacy. Analyzes data collected to identify further opportunities of engagement and develops metrics. Utilizes Tableau to create corresponding visuals.
- Demonstrates effectives by managing, executing, and implementing the grassroots laboratory tour program. Uses laboratory tours to enhance the CAP’s advocacy agenda. Creates new strategies to expand laboratory tour program as well as creating promotional education materials to increase outreach of program. Survey CAP members and gathers intelligence to distribute to team.
- Work with Director, Political Programs to plan, manage, and execute the annual Spring fly-in, including the coordination of CAP member meetings with their respective Members of Congress, compilation of feedback forms and drafting of Hill Day Summary Report. Also assists in the PowerPoint presentations, mobile app content, and other pre-planning for the Pathologists Leadership Summit. Develops and executes Pathologists Leadership Summit recruitment strategies. Manages other advocacy fly-ins as appropriate throughout the year.
- Manages the advocacy data, including integration of grassroots data of Fonteva and Aristotle.
- Works with Legislation and Political Action team on the development of advocacy action alerts and other communications.
- Helps to support the Federal and State Affairs Committee (FSAC). Articulates, synthesizes, and presents grassroots advocacy data to FSAC and quantifies engagement.
- Manages advocacy vendors, including contract administration
Qualifications for this role
- Team player
- Highly organized
- Able to function effective under moderate pressure
- Thoroughness and careful attention to details is essential
- Strong written and oral communications
- Familiar with the federal legislative and regulatory process and political attuned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite desired
- Proficiency in grassroots advocacy software desired
- Proficiency in association management desired
- Bachelors degree in political science or related field
- 3+ years of experience with trade associations, government relations, grassroots organizing, advocacy or political campaigns required
- Travel required, approximately 10%.
Please apply through our online portal by clicking on ‘Apply Now’ at the job posting link here – Manager, Grassroots Programs – Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com)
Job posted: 2022-11-08