Manager, Grassroots & State Government Relations
The Manager, Grassroots & State Government Relations will be an integral member of the Lupus Foundation of America’s Advocacy and Government Relations team by assisting in implementing the Foundation’s year round public policy program. This position will be based in the national headquarters of the Lupus Foundation of America in Washington, D.C.
The Manager, Grassroots & State Government Relations responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the Lupus Foundation of America’s grassroots program, including developing materials to support grassroots engagement and recruitment of advocates across LFA programs.
- Manage the Foundation’s State Advocacy program and developing advocacy campaigns surrounding State issues.
- Monitor and assess State legislative issues relating to the Foundation’s public policy priorities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with policymakers and key community contacts.
- Partner with chapters, regions and support groups in establishing and developing an advocacy infrastructure.
- Provide advocacy training for key staff and volunteers.
- Assist in planning and implementing the Foundation’s annual National Advocacy Summit.
- Develop and coordinate Advocacy Department input and materials for internal and external audiences.
- Conduct grassroots and grasstops advocacy campaigns including developing state advocacy alerts and updates, talking points and supporting materials and strategies for advancing the Foundation’s policy priorities.
- Participate in and build strategic coalitions on state policy issues.
- Convey a professional and positive image that reflects favorably on the Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proficient computer and internet research skills are a must.
- Experience tracking and monitoring legislation and regulations and in policy analysis.
- Understanding of the legislative process.
Experience developing and conducting grassroots campaigns and working with advocates.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills required. Capable of handling diversified assignments and highly adaptable.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment interfacing with all levels of management and volunteers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, requiring little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with three years related experience preferably on Capitol Hill, the patient advocacy community, in state government or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to HR@lupus.org. Please include “Grassroots & State Government Relations” in the subject line OR apply on LinkedIn. NO telephone calls, please.
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-04-08