Manager, Head of Written Communications
Los Angeles, CA
Work with and lead a team that handles written communications within the publicity organization for Netflix, shaping the perception of original films and series, as well as how they should be enjoyed and celebrated.
This team leader will work across the title publicity teams, helping to craft messaging around Netflix’s slate and strategy. This includes but is not limited to:
• Writing production notes, title synopses, creator Q&As, speeches, talking points, op-eds, press releases, media statements, and other documents like biographies, fact sheets and additional materials as needed.
• Develop messaging and talking points for media interviews and speaking opportunities
• Coordinate across departments to accomplish goals
• Provide big-picture thinking and leadership to continuously elevate and promote Netflix’s original content initiative
• Coordinate the hiring of freelancers as needed across projects
The role requires a seasoned candidate who is results-oriented, a strong writer and not afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get into the thick of things. This Manager-level role will have past experience in writing or journalism, preferably with deep experience in the entertainment industry. They will have experience in communicating with executives, filmmakers, talent and talent representatives. They can anticipate messaging needs and move projects forward quickly and are able to meet fast-breaking deadlines.
The successful candidate for team lead will have at least 12+ years of entertainment experience in a studio, network, agency or journalism setting. BA/BS required. Writing samples are also required.
The Manager of Written Communications reports to the VP, Publicity based in LA.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-13