Manager, Health Policy
The Manager, Health Policy focuses on reimbursement advocacy and assists in implementing AAPA’s strategic advocacy efforts regarding third party payment, coverage and reimbursement issues for the medical and surgical services delivered by PAs (physician assistants). The position provides support and assistance to individual PAs, PA constituent organizations, physicians, hospitals, practice administrators and other stakeholders in dealing with reimbursement and coverage policies impacting PA practice.
In addition, the Manager, Health Policy will support the development and execution of the Academy’s efforts to appropriately position PAs as essential health professionals in the transition to a value-based healthcare system at both the state and federal levels. The overarching goal of these efforts is to assure optimal PA practice in all aspects of healthcare delivery with an emphasis on fully integrating PAs into innovative and emerging models of care.
- Track, monitor and identify relevant statutes, regulations and policies pertaining to public and commercial insurance companies and third party payers policies impacting PA practice
- Research and analyze relevant reimbursement regulations and policies and make recommendations based on findings
- Contact public and private insurance companies, healthcare entities and organizations to obtain relevant coverage information necessary to identify and resolve PA reimbursement issues
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding reimbursement, payment and regulatory issues
- Draft and edit AAPA publications including the Essential Guide to PA Reimbursement, web site content and other materials related to reimbursement and healthcare reform
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone and email inquiries while delivering superior customer service
- Experience in health policy preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with LexisNexis preferred
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-03