Manager, Healthcare & Infectious Disease Policy
This position will provide policy, research, and operational support to the health policy team on a range of issues including: access and reimbursement of biopharmaceutical therapies in government programs; infectious disease policy; and efforts to demonstrate and promote the value of biotechnology.
- Monitoring, analyzing and summarizing legislation and regulations related to Medicare, Medicaid, coverage/access, and reimbursement.
- Monitoring policy and conducting research in various areas, including U.S. and international immunization policy, emerging infectious disease policy, biodefense and pandemic influenza policy, government funding for medical countermeasure development and for relevant programs administered by the Department of Health and Human Services, and antimicrobial resistance (AMR) policy.
- Researching emerging issues in health care policy and infectious disease policy and conducting analysis to support BIO policy development.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical comments to rules, regulations and other notices promulgated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and other relevant federal and state agencies.
- Drafting advocacy documents and legislative summaries for use with various internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
- Preparing agendas and materials for various trade association staff and Board-level meetings.
- Responding to BIO member company questions regarding reimbursement and health reform issues.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key regulatory agencies (e.g. CMS, GAO, OIG, MedPAC, HRSA) as well as with the policy/regulatory staff to other trade associations, allies and member companies.
- Accompanying lobbying staff to meetings as required.
- Coordinating with regulatory/policy staff across other trade associations, member companies and other allies as required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide quick, simple analyses and explanations of technical policies in both a written and oral format.
- Experience writing in numerous formats including presentations, advocacy documents and reports.
- Excellent research (i.e. literature and secondary research) and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize tasks, manage projects and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent computer, organization and conflict management skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a graduate degree in relevant field (e.g. MPA, MPH, MPP, MBA, JD) strongly preferred. Individuals with applied economics, health care finance, public health, infectious diseases or health policy backgrounds highly desirable.
- Must have experience interpreting Medicare, Medicaid and related program regulations, with 2-3 years strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the legislative process, Congress and the CMS regulatory cycles.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-19