Manager III Communications
About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Manager III Communications
Position Location: Quincy, MA
Responsible for developing and leading Retail Business Services communications, which includes internal and external communications. Develops and creates strategic communications plans for initiatives and programs to support Retail Business Services’ growth and advances the overall company’s U.S. business goals and positioning. In addition, serves as a key strategic partner for communications colleagues at the Global Support Office and in the U.S. businesses, as needed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and executes proactive communications plans and programs to promote and gain visibility for company initiatives among its target audiences and ensures communications are focused on supporting strategic priorities and corporate business goals.
• Serves as a media strategist, spokesperson and media contact for Retail Business Services and other U.S.-based media calls, as appropriate, and builds positive relationships with consumer and trade media reporters covering the retail sector.
• Researches and writes various communications materials, including internal stories for various channels, leadership presentations for internal meetings, blog posts, press releases, talking points, speeches, media statements, memos, community letters, award nominations and other copy as needed in support of communications objectives.
• Oversees various communications procedures, processes and reporting metrics, such as internal channels metrics and analysis, media tracking and monitoring, daily news update to leadership, communications measurement, etc.
• Identify proactive opportunities for executive positioning on key industry issues or forums that advance U.S. presence, in partnership with other communications partners and group support office.
• Provide communications counsel for key internal and external communications initiatives and programs.
• Creates new communications strategies and channels, while enhancing current channels based on key metrics, including associate Intranet, external website, etc.
• Delivers communications plans to enhance associate engagement and increase external awareness of company as a great place to work to drive recruiting and retention of talent.
• Serves as part of communications crisis and issues management team. Develop and implement process for issues monitoring and tracking and ensuring appropriate communications preparation, as needed.
• Provides counsel to leadership on communication issues, positioning and reputation management.
• Provide communications counsel and advice to business partners, as needed, on key company initiatives
• Collaborate with Global Support Office and other communications colleagues on key initiatives
• Develop and execute communications plans on special projects or other initiatives
• Organizational context:
• This position is responsible for enhancing and protecting the reputation of the company, Ahold DelhaizeUSA and its businesses. This includes a trusted relationship with executives on complex and sensitive customer, associate and company issues, and interaction with the press.
• Framework & guidelines:
• This individual will operate as a collaborative member of an integrated communications team of professionals.
• Financial dimension:
• The incumbent is directly responsible for managing PR agency services.
• Degree of latitude:
• The incumbent in this position must be able to combine decisive and careful judgment in fast-moving media, issues or crisis situations.
• Interactions and relationships
• This position requires a skill set that includes effective leadership, inclusive collaboration and persuasive negotiation skills. As a high-profile position, individual should have strong strategic thinking capabilities, powerful presentation skills, professional poise, and influential relationships with press and other external constituents.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
• 10 years in PR/communications function
• Strategic communications practitioner and hands-on contributor.
• Extensive experience in working with the C-suite, and proven success in executing high-profile communications initiatives, including the ability to build long-lasting relationships with senior leaders and internal business partners, and have a high degree of credibility with all levels of management.
• Must have a proven track record of success in developing and measuring communications strategies and tactics in support of business goals.
• Proven track record of success in developing creative communication campaigns.
• Extensive experience in successfully managing crisis communications.
Skills and Abilities:
• APR preferred, but not required
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Team player, able to lead and work collaboratively at all levels and build partnerships with cross-functional teams
• Must possess confidence and ability as a public relations counselor to all levels of management.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning, influence, communication, and follow-up skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Must be articulate, sensitive to confidential information and have a high degree of integrity.
• Energetic self-starter.
• Must be persuasive and diplomatic in presenting ideas and managing their implementation.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to think quickly and analyze complex communication issues.
• Ability to work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to develop effective communications strategies and implement successful tactics to drive success among team.
• Some travel required; approximately 25%
Job posted: 2020-11-05