Manager, Internal Communications
We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are currently seeking an Internal Communications Manager to help engage our employees and support change-management as we work together to adapt to the future of work. This role will enable employee engagement by helping to keep employees connected to our evolving workplace and informed on business, product and organizational updates.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Internal Communications Manager will report into the Sr. Manager of Employer Brand and is part of the Employer Brand and Engagement Team. The Employer Brand and Employee Engagement Team works to help make Instacart a top employer of choice by tapping into Instacart’s unique cultural competitive advantage, the culture of food, family and nourishment. It’s through this medium that we tell people-focused stories of our company and our employees, drive employee engagement programs, and create impact within our communities. This function is part of the larger Instacart Communications Team – a cross-functional group of word nerds who reach across the aisle to tell the Instacart story to our customers, shoppers, current and future employees, advertising partners and retailers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Write and develop key internal messaging to communicate company announcements, key initiatives, and priorities across various internal channels including email, Slack, blog, newsletters, and all-hands.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders and leadership to develop employee communications supporting change management as we evolve our workplace and remote-friendly working model.
- Owns the calendar and the intake/review process for internal communications requests.
- Drive internal communications programming including all-hands meetings, guest speakers, executive fireside chats, and internal events.
- Create internal communications strategies to effectively engage employees around various topics including announcements, product launches, and milestones.
- Manage the content development of Monthly Company All-Hands.
- Partner with Employee Resource Groups to create messaging that amplifies and uplifts the company’s internal communities and cultural heritage month programming.
- Craft long-form and short-form content for internal audiences across company newsletter, email, blog, and internal wiki.
You have 4+ years of relevant experience in internal communications, MarComms or corporate communications:
- Strong writer, communicator and storyteller with excellent editing skills.
- Ability to write and edit content quickly for internal audiences.
- Demonstrates humility and acts calm under pressure.
- Emphasizes the importance of collaboration with immediate teams and with cross-functional partners.
- Influences and build consensus with stakeholders
- Values diversity, inclusion and belonging and sees differences as strengths.
- Passionate about employee engagement and employer brand.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28