Manager, Internal Communications (Spanish Bilingual)
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
As the Manager, Internal Communications, you will be responsible for executing Invenergy’s internal communications strategy across multiple channels to drive organizational awareness, employee engagement and culture. This individual will be based in Chicago and be responsible for creating and translating content for Invenergy’s Latin American portfolio, specifically our offices in Mexico, Colombia and El Salvador. We are looking for an experienced, innovative storyteller who wants to use their skills in a professional setting to help build a more sustainable world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and develop content for internal publication across multiple channels, organizations, locations, and functions.
- Available point-of-contact for media relations for Invenergy’s international operations as needed.
- Assist executive and senior leadership teams with developing internal communications, including presentations, talking points, and organizational announcements, related to Invenergy’s international development and operations efforts.
- Align communication across all channels with a culture of innovation, sustainability, employee engagement, and inclusion.
- Partner with external vendors in support of multimedia projects.
- Work cross-functionally to plan companywide meetings including venue identification, vendor partnerships, and content creation.
- Curation of news media to increase employee knowledge of industry trends and business objectives.
- Partner with external communications, human resources, and social media teams to promote internal stories and activities that enhance Invenergy’s employment brand through social media channels (i.e. LinkedIn, Glassdoor).
- Actively seek feedback from Invenergy employees and adjust communications approach and content accordingly.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Media Studies, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in corporate communications, journalism, public relations or related field. International experience strongly desired.
- Must be fluent in Spanish & English.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Publisher, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Event planning.
- Energy industry experience.
- Videography or photography experience a plus
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-15