Manager International and Regulatory Affairs (Washington, DC or Atlanta)
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Reports to Director or Managing Director in the International Regulatory and Policy group in the Government Affairs organization. Prepares complex oral and written legal, policy and political analysis. Conducts legal and other research to support regulatory matters and advocacy efforts. Prepares advocacy materials for use with the U.S. and foreign governments. Engages in advocacy efforts directly with regulatory and other governmental authorities in the U.S. and foreign governments in support of company goals and policies. Provides advice, opinions and recommendations to varying levels of leadership within the Company. Assists in development and implementation of government relations strategies to advance company commercial and operational goals. This position can be located in either Washington, DC or Atlanta.
Coordinates and manages outside counsel and other outside consultant relationships and costs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree from an accredited law school required.
- Applicants must have specialized professional experience in a law firm, in-house setting, government or similar professional setting.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and logically both orally and in writing, and to prepare papers and presentations using independent judgment. Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative, effective and professional working relationships with individuals or entities both internal and external to the Company.
- Knowledge of international aviation regulatory and policy matters preferred. International experience and foreign language skills preferred.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
Experience in government or international/government/regulatory affairs at a company.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-18