Manager, Legislative Affairs
As a Manager of Legislative Affairs at Finseca, you will be an integral part of the legislative affairs and policy team that will be responsible for providing project management and operational support.
- Monitor, research, review and analyze developments in the legislative and regulatory environments that impact financial security professionals, their clients, and the organization
- Monitor developments in the industry and provide relevant and timely insight
- Track priority public policy developments using both public information and subscription platforms
- Synthesize complex information into focused public policy research, white papers, congressional fact sheets, action alerts, press releases, and other advocacy materials
- Staff internal working groups, joint trades, committee hearings and counsel meetings to develop minutes and capture action items
- Provide day-to-day operational support on projects and activities. Including conducting policy research, developing project timelines, and completing identified deliverables
- Prepare, produce and distribute background and briefing materials and itineraries related to meetings, presentations, deployments, and conferences.
- Supporting and executing operational tasks associated with government affairs sub-committees and task forces
- Data management, drafting and distribution of communications
Skills & Experience
- 1-2-yr of professional experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Formal project management experience or training preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong desire to continually learn new things, improve, and undertake new challenges
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and objectives, lead projects upon request, and work effectively with others internally to produce positive results
This job operates in a professional office and/or virtual environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printer/scanner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand, usually travel related.
Limited travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job posted: 2021-04-25