Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager of Legislative Affairs and Government Relations
ML Strategies seeks a Manager of Legislative Affairs and Government Relations with at least one year of relevant experience to sit in our Washington, DC office. ML Strategies is a full-service, bipartisan government affairs and policy consulting group. We offer the ability to work in a multidimensional team that represents and advises a diverse range of clients – from cutting edge start-up companies to established Fortune 100 corporations – who rely on us for creative solutions and proactive strategies at the local, state and federal levels.
This is a junior-level position responsible for supporting the government relations function and representing the company on legislative and regulatory matters pertaining to ML Strategies. This position will develop, implement and lead a strategic approach to engage leadership with the goal of identifying and prioritizing proactive legislative and regulatory initiatives. As assigned, the Manager of Legislative Affairs and Government Relations will engage in advocacy initiatives and problem-solving around escalated issues, including advocating before federal policy makers. This position will support key business objectives and drive business development opportunities.
Collaboration with team members is an important component of any role at Mintz. Therefore, the firm encourages working from the office approximately 60% of the time in accordance with the firm’s published guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least one year of relevant legislative affairs and government relations experience in Congress, state legislature, lobbying or a law firm
- Ability to demonstrate a strong track record of smart, creative and effective strategies in legislative affairs and government relations work
- Background and experience on issues related to energy/environment, health care, financial services and/or technology/telecom preferred
- Essential skills include exceptional written and verbal communication, attention to detail, good judgment, a team-oriented attitude, solid interpersonal and analytical skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects across multiple clients at one time
- Committed to excellence, teamwork and superior client service
All Mintz employees are required to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination unless they have a medical or religious basis precluding vaccination for which they are legally entitled to an exemption from the requirement that can be accommodated by the firm. Consistent with this requirement, prior to your start date you will be required to provide proof that you have received all recommended doses in the primary series and one booster when eligible. Generally, we consider an employee eligible for the booster if they completed the primary series of the vaccine at least six months ago and have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 90 days. Getting a second booster is not necessary to be considered up to date at this time.
About ML Strategies
ML Strategies delivers superior government relations and consulting services. With deep knowledge in a range of issues including energy, transportation, health care, financial services, real estate, education and telecommunications, our senior-level professionals in Boston and Washington, DC use their extensive experience in federal, state and city government, as well as in the private sector, to build creative, informed and strategic solutions that meet the goals of our clients.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-01