Manager, Legislative and Regulatory Policy
The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public’s health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Legislative and Regulatory Policy within the Department of Federal Affairs.
The Manager of Legislative and Regulatory Policy is responsible for lobbying federal agencies on behalf of the ADA, through both written communications and in-person meetings with agency staff at all levels. The manager also assists with the development and delivery of the ADA’s legislative and regulatory priorities in Congress, through written testimony, letters and other communications. These activities require a close working relationship with ADA leadership and frequent independent decision-making. This position sits in Washington, D.C.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in/with advocacy working on health care and HIPAA/Health Information Technology issues
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication, analytical, public speaking, political, and interpersonal skills
- Must have knowledge of Congressional and legislative and/or regulatory accomplishment, federal agencies and the legislative/regulatory process at the federal level
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal engagement, work independently and collaboratively, and manage projects
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL & PowerPoint)
- Requires evening/weekend work and some travel.
Highly desired skills:
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. with experience as a practitioner
- Existing contacts on the Hill/Federal agencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job posted: 2019-05-01