Manager, Legislative and Regulatory Policy
The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public’s health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards.
The Manager of Legislative and Regulatory Policy is responsible for lobbying issues related to dental practice and other issues before federal regulatory agencies on behalf of the ADA, both through written documents, such as comment letters in response to agency rules and in-person meetings with agency officials at all levels. The manager also helps develop and deliver the ADA’s message on legislation that affects dental practice and other issues before Congress, both through written testimony, fact sheets, letters, etc. and through in-person advocacy with congressional staff. All these activities require a close-working relationship with internal ADA agencies and ADA leadership (ED, president, etc.) and independent decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in/with advocacy working on health care issues
- Ability to speak and present to large audiences, and demonstrate a high level of interpersonal engagement.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and manage projects is essential.
- Knowledge of legislative and/or regulatory accomplishment and knowledge of Congress, federal agencies and the legislative/regulatory process at the federal level.
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical skills, and political savviness
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL & PowerPoint)
Highly desired skills:
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. with experience as a practitioner
- Existing contacts on the Hill/Federal agencies
- Experience with Medicaid and/or legislative policy
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job posted: 2019-11-13