Manager of Local Campaigns
Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s largest gun violence prevention advocacy group, is seeking a Manager of Local Campaigns on the Local Government Affairs team. Local Government Affairs works with local officials to provide resources to end community based gun violence and advocate for and advance local, state, and federal gun safety measures.
The Manager of Local Campaigns will be responsible for developing strategy for local campaigns and executing the strategy for local campaigns in two of our regional working groups.
We’ll trust you to take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a campaign plan for multiple local campaigns across the country
- Work with regional pod teams to coordinate communications, policy, and field strategy
- Represent Everytown in various external capacities, including at conferences and events on gun violence prevention activities
- Cultivate relationships and partner with stakeholders, including partner organizations, law enforcement, elected officials, coalitions, networks, and influencers
- Become steeped in firearm policy in order to promote and defeat policies effectively
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy or other relevant major
- 5-8+ years working in public policy/program for a government entity or an advocacy organization that work with governments. Previous experience working in a mayor’s office or within city government is preferred
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external teams and stakeholders
- A proactive, creative, and dogged approach to anticipating and solving problems
- Ability to be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced organization with multiple projects and priorities
- Some travel required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-11