Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager Local Government Affairs
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we’re providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country’s lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we’re speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
JOB TYPE- Primarily remote and will include 20-30% travel. Ideal candidate may be based in Austin, Houston or Dallas, Texas.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position manages local government affairs for Constellation. The Manager, Local Government Affairs will report to the Director, State Government Affairs and will be responsible for managing local government affairs relationships and activities primarily in areas where Constellation owns and operates significant assets. The primary purpose of this position is to support the Director, Federal Regulatory Affairs in building and managing relationships with local government officials and state and local organizations (both governmental and non-governmental), in addition to assisting with broader State Government Affairs advocacy efforts and other initiatives. This includes supporting and participating in local business organizations, coalitions and advocacy organizations that support company interests and State Government Affairs initiatives, and serving as liaison between the business and local officials. The position identifies relevant emerging issues and timely communicates with company executives, as appropriate. The position works with internal and external resources to help develop and execute strategies to advocate for and implement policy objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Communicate with County and local officials and other state agencies, as appropriate, and help manage communications between the company and officials at local governmental bodies.
- Assist in building and/or supporting coalitions and relationships with advocacy organizations that advance company interests and State Government Affairs advocacy initiatives.
- Participate in local business and other community organizations.
- Work with internal and external resources to help develop and execute strategies to advocate for and implement policy objectives.
- Identify relevant emerging issues and timely communicates with corporate and business unit executives.
- Assist Director, State Government Affairs with maintaining relationships and direct lobbying activities with key state legislative and regulatory policymakers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Director, State Government Affairs.
- Supports the Vice President, State Government Affairs, and Senior Vice President, Public Policy.
- The position manages local government affairs for Constellation with a focus in either Illinois or Texas, where Constellation owns and operates significant assets.
- Four-year degree and a minimum of four or more years’ experience specializing in government affairs, public advocacy and/or communications.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills to enhance the effectiveness of State Government Affairs advocacy by assisting in building and supporting coalitions and representing the company within state and local organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills to serve as an effective liaison between corporate leadership and local government officials.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives in support of company policy objectives.
- Understanding of energy industry broadly, and the electric generation sector specifically, is preferable.
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-17