Manager, Marketing Communications
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager, Marketing Communications is a key team member responsible for project management, marketing copywriting and administrative support for HDA’s in-person/virtual meetings and events, publications, social media and other marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate is skilled at working independently and as part of a high-performing team; an excellent writer with sharp attention to detail and is able to demonstrate initiative and professionalism. This position reports to the Senior Director, Communications.
- Coordinates, plans and manages all Association communications and marketing projects using Asana software.
- Develops and maintains editorial calendar to schedule marketing e-blasts,
- Drafts weekly marketing e-blasts and other marketing content as assigned.
- Writes, edits and compiles cross-departmental articles for weekly membership newsletter.
- Generates content for social media accounts.
- Tracks and analyzes marketing efforts.
- Maintains database of press contacts (Cision) and digital archive of HDA press coverage.
- Provides calendar support to schedule internal and external meetings as necessary.
- Drafts department budget and assists others in developing and managing print budgets for all design projects.
- Assists with website updates as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or a related field with a minimum two years of professional work experience. Association experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of e-marketing, project management (Asana), social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite), media relations (Cision, MailChimp, Campaign) and web software (Sitecore or similar CMS, WordPress, Google Analytics) a plus.
First impressions matter in our hiring process, so please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ3@hda.org.
Job posted: 2020-09-15