Manager of Marketing and Communications / Full-Time / Days
The region’s leading provider of integrated primary and behavioral health care has an amazing career opportunity for an energetic, experienced marketing and communications professional who can demonstrate results.
Perhaps you are the right person to manage Chestnut’s marketing and communications efforts. You know innately how to prioritize your work, discerning what’s really important and completing those tasks first. You enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously. You are a strategic thinker who sees both the big picture and attends to the small details. You enjoy a work environment where no two days are alike. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. No mistakes get past you when it comes to editing. Details don’t fall through the cracks and you don’t have to be asked twice to do something. You are willing to work in the role long enough to master it, with the potential of job advancement to the Director level.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
Chestnut is inviting applications for this newly-created position. Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
- With the Director of Marketing and Communications, develop and execute innovative marketing and promotional strategies and campaigns to drive brand recognition, patient/client volume, revenue growth, and fulfillment of strategic plan.
- Coordinate with internal customers to understand marketing and promotional needs. Vet requests for marketing and communications assistance. Provide counsel on best strategies for success. Coordinate work among Marketing and Communications staff members and external vendors including printers and mail houses; relay production needs, obtain cost estimates, review final project proofs, and have materials produced and delivered.
- Conduct research to understand best placement for a variety of ad types. Work with print, broadcast, digital, and other outlets to schedule and place ads.
- Track performance of advertising and marketing efforts across multiple platforms. Maintain up-to-date records. Perform basic statistical analysis and create reports to demonstrate trends, results, and return on marketing and advertising investment. Make recommendations for future improvement. Present verbal or written results to stakeholders including program directors, executive leadership, and corporate officers.
- Direct agency’s social media function. Develop, maintain, and execute social media plan. Curate, create, and post compelling social media content aligned with agency strategic vision. Ensure consistent messaging across multiple platforms, monitor online discussions, and respond to customer needs and requests.
- Coordinate with program leaders to write news releases and media advisories and to plan news conferences and other media events. Help leaders and clinical staff to prepare for news media interviews, creating talking points and rehearsing Q&A. Monitor local, state, and national news; identify media opportunities to feature Chestnut staff members and services.
- Coordinate internal communications as directed to increase employee engagement and foster positive employer-employee relationship. Includes content origination. Develop editorial calendar, coordinate with program and department leaders, write, edit, and disseminate monthly employee e-newsletter.
- Serve as backup to Director of Marketing and Communications to coordinate HR recruitment activities including understanding hiring managers’ needs, working with web vendor, and identifying and reaching out to candidates on LinkedIn. Coordinate with HR staff to ensure employment website postings are engaging, dynamic, candidate-focused, competitive, and properly branded.
- Coordinate with other staff members on diversity and inclusion initiatives that require communications tools. Develop strategy and content. Write, edit, and oversee production of materials.
- Write, edit, and rewrite copy to convey messages and benefits clearly, at a reader-appropriate level, within brand guidelines, and using consumer-driven, non-stigmatizing language.
- Serve as backup to Creative Services Manager in designing simple print and digital communications and editing existing communications.
- Serve as liaison to company webmaster and coordinate with program and department leaders to ensure up-to-date web and Intranet content.
- Lead event planning. Coordinate date, time, and place details with agency leaders. Oversee coordination with outside vendors including hotels, caterers, printers, etc. Attend events and serve as point person for troubleshooting any issues. Evaluate events and offer ideas for improvement.
- Serve as backup to Director of Marketing and Communications as media spokesperson, consulting with agency officers, program directors, and subject matter experts to offer written and verbal comments in keeping with Chestnut mission and policies while also fulfilling news reporters’ requests for comment.
- Help develop and maintain agency branding guidelines and ensure compliance. Ensure consistent brand image and compliance with legal and other standards.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or other related field with a minimum of ten (10) years’ related work experience required.
- Behavioral health background preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and successfully execute marketing strategies and promotional campaigns, assess campaign performance, and recommend future improvements.
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data and applying results.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written presentation skills for purpose of representing the brand with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise with writing, editing, integrated digital communications, social media, public relations, and media relations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, iStock, and video editing software or app such as iMovie.
- Sound project management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance, and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text “Chestnut” to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-07