Manager, Marketing & Communications
To direct and manage marketing and communications for the Cooperative that will establish and create favorable attitudes with all external and internal customers, through effective marketing and communication practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the internal and external communications and marketing of the cooperative. This includes South Carolina Living monthly magazine, Watts on Tap internal monthly newsletter, the Annual Report, social media and program materials.
- Directs, develops, recommends and implements institutional advertising, marketing strategies and activities. Designs and coordinates the production of publications, presentations and other materials for the Cooperative.
- Works closely with senior management and other departments to achieve marketing communications goals and maintains relationships with NRECA, Touchstone Energy and other organizations to ensure message and brand consistency and continued preservation of the rural electric cooperatives, their programs and services.
- Stays current on trends and practices facing electric cooperatives, its members and its communities. Coordinates with NRECA, The Electric Cooperatives of South Carolina, and Central Electric to formulate joint marketing efforts.
- Directs the marketing efforts for the Annual Meeting of members. Assists with planning, directing and carrying out plans for meeting.
- Implements youth programs (Scholarships, Washington Youth Tour, Cooperative Youth Summit), and maintains internship program.
- Manages all aspects of storm and outage communications to include internal and external messaging through social media and publications.
- Coordinates member surveys and polls, identifies potential new products and services, identifies demographic and economic trends, and develops advertising and promotion campaigns for existing/new products and services. Works with Human Resources and Member Services to develop employee education and training for new products and services.
- Develops, monitors and manages budgets and contracts associated with communications, advertising and marketing efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ethical conduct
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Tact and professionalism
- Collaboration skills
- Problem solving skills
Supervises all marketing personnel as applicable.
Requires working both inside and outside the office. May require irregular working hours, especially when it involves a community presentation/meeting or if there is an emergency or crisis. Must be “on call” due to working for an electric utility to update member communication. Attendance and participation in community and civic activities/functions is also required. Schedule is subject to change at any time with or without notice.
This is largely a sedentary role, however the employee may be required to walk or stand occasionally, use hands, fingers to handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to operate fleet vehicle.
Periodic travel to state and local destinations, as well as some interstate travel is required. Travel to carry out duties associated with public relations and marketing responsibilities and to attend seminars, training programs and association meetings is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communication, and/or Advertising is required.
- Seven years or more experience in a marketing position or combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledge of marketing/public relations concepts, publications, event/project coordination, general management and business organization principles and practices.
- Proficient in use of computers (PC and Mac platforms) and related software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Ability to foster internal and external relationships.
- Proficient in creating factual and error-free communications is a must.
Preferred Education and Experience
Should have knowledge of:
- Differences between investor-owned businesses, publicly-owned businesses and cooperatives.
- All phases of electric distribution utility operations and electric cooperative marketing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid Driver’s License
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Veterans, Females, & Disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Due to the nature of an electric utility, all employees are subject to working extended hours, holidays, nights, and weekends with or without notice. All employees of Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc. may be required to work during Annual Meeting. Additional duties or responsibilities may be assigned.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-11