Manager of Marketing and Digital Strategy
Manager of Marketing and Digital Strategy
Who We Are
Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is Southern California’s locally operated non-profit default electricity
provider for 32 communities within Los Angeles and Ventura counties and the fifth largest
electricity company in the State of California. We provide clean renewable energy at competitive
rates to over three million residents and businesses through approximately one million customer
What You’ll Do
The Manager of Marketing and Digital Strategy will oversee strategy, execution, and
measurement for CPA’s marketing campaigns, as well as serve as the CPA brand manager and lead
digital strategist for one of the nation’s top providers of clean energy. This is a unique and
rewarding opportunity to promote an organization and its programs which are leading the way to
a clean energy future while supporting the many diverse Southern California communities CPA
Who You’ll Work With
The Manager of Marketing and Digital Strategy will work under the direct supervision of the
Director of External Affairs and will work closely with CPA’s Customer Programs, Power Planning &
Procurement, Government Affairs, Technology, Data, and Customer Care teams. As an integral
member of the External Affairs team, the Manager of Marketing and Digital Strategy will
collaborate with a talented internal team as well as marketing firms and consultants.
Commitment to Diversity
At CPA, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees. We represent a diverse customer base and intend to hire employees that reflect our
communities. Clean Power Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws.
CPA fosters a culture of open communication, responsibility, and intellectual curiosity. As a small
team that has quickly built the largest Community Choice Aggregation program in the country,
high levels of trust, collaboration, and mission alignment are key factors in success. We value factbased creativity in our work, accountability with our stakeholders, and promote ethical
engagement and diversity with our brand.
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate the Following Abilities:
• Have a strong work ethic and be comfortable taking initiative/working in a fast paced,
• Be highly collaborative and work well on diverse teams and with consultants
• Experience working with local governments, including staff and elected officials
• Proven experience achieving business objectives using various marketing tactics with a
focus on digital platforms
• Be customer service focused (internal and external customers)
• Be a strong compelling communicator who speaks and writes clearly
• Have a high tolerance for uncertainty, but know how and when to bring things to
• Have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Handle multiple priorities to meet deadlines and escalate key issues
• Be able to interpret and explain policies, procedures, and regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
• Marketing the CPA brand and programs: Lead the development, implementation, and
measurement of marketing and strategies to promote the agency and its customer
• Marketing and customer acquisition: Lead activities to recruit and coordinate with
community and industry partners; coordinate with CPA’s Programs Department and
member agencies to publicize program opportunities among eligible customers.
• Brand manager: Responsible for developing a brand strategy for the organization’s target
market. As the ‘brand guardian’, maintain brand consistency across all marketing initiatives
• Market research and intelligence: Responsible for ensuring the CPA brand, products,
programs, and messaging resonate with current and potential communities and
customers. This is accomplished by collaborating with internal customer care and data
teams as well as external consultants.
• Digital strategist: Develop strategy to optimize performance across all digital platforms
including CPA’s website, customer emails, social media, mobile apps and future platforms.
• Project management: Responsible for all aspects of program and project implementation
including managing multiple consultants and contracts, as well as developing and adhering
to approved budgets.
• Measurement, analytics, and verification: Develop indicatorsto measure program
effectiveness. Analyze program outcomes to modify implementation activities. Develop
and implement verification protocols to support cost and environmental effectiveness
• Written reports and oral presentations: Prepare written reports and conduct oral
presentations to CPA’s Board of Directors, Board Committees, executive management,
customers, and community & industry groups.
• Team Management: Manage teams of project staff, consultants, community stakeholder
groups and contractors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in marketing and
digital strategy. Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods.
• Demonstrated experience in marketing on digital platforms (social media, web sites, paid
search, organic search, customer email strategy development and deployment)
• Demonstrated experience with market research, measurement and ROI
• Demonstrated experience managing creative consultants
• Excellent verbal communicator
• Strong written communications
• Demonstrated experience working with a combination of staff and consultants
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge and understanding of the CCA business model and the ability to articulate
how customer programs support this model
• Knowledge of the principles of design, as well as ability to create and edit in InDesign or
other similar design programs
• Creative problem solver
• Experience marketing and outreach to diverse Southern California community
• Experience in energy or working with government agencies
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Solutions
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $130,000 with exact compensation to be
determined by Clean Power Alliance, dependent on experience. Benefits include health care, a
401(k)-like match program, paid vacation, and sick leave. This is not a civil service position.
How to Apply
Candidates should send a succinct and well-written cover letter and resume with 3 references to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The start date for the position is as soon as possible and will remain
open until filled.
Job posted: 2021-01-13