Manager, Media Relations
In this role, you will lead higher retainer account teams and manage the daily execution of account work. You will create account goals, track progress, and collaborate with senior leadership on strategy for a variety of account types. This position is a people manager for junior and mid-level staff.
- Develop short and long term PR strategy plans, presentations, and proposals with a focus on practical execution of account strategy and results
- Serve as clients’ primary contact while independently managing and providing oversight on projects and tasks to effectively manage PR campaigns
- Drive client media relations program by regular engagement with media to secure optimal coverage
- Support and direct account teams, serving as a role model and mentor in client work, team collaboration, and professionalism
- Lead and resolve problems on accounts across the agency
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to resolve conflict and establish professional rapport quickly
- Operate within defined directives and actively seek feedback from staff, other leaders, and executives daily
- Multi-task with ease and organize chaos
- Ability to think on your feet and pivot to new ideas easily – challenges staff to learn the same skill
- Possess strong interest in technology, media, cultural trends, and general storytelling
- Agency experience required.
- Bachelor degree required. Prefer degree in public relations, journalism, or related field.
- Four years of progressive public relations experience managing diverse clients and accounts. Prefer experience in B2C and B2B public relations.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-15