Manager, Media Relations
Manager, Media Relations
Corporate Communications and Issues
Current Global is a global communications agency and creative powerhouse. Our footprint spans Asia, Europe, North and South America with strength and depth across corporate, consumer, health and technology communications. Our dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content and Integrated Media.
The best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are mission critical to building strong teams, cultivating great leaders and creating an agency where everyone can do their best work. At Current Global, difference is valued, equality is a mandate, and inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative.
At Current Global, we put humanity at the heart of everything we do, from our internal culture to the way we help clients understand that people want to connect with brands as real and human as they are. We offer exciting career opportunities for entrepreneurial leaders. Learn more at www.currentglobal.com
Current Global is looking for a Manager – Media Relations for our vibrant and growing corporate team. Joining the Integrated Media community, we are looking for applicants who understand how earned media intersects with paid, owned and influencer disciplines, as they will shape media relations strategies within the context of integrated communications campaigns. They also must offer experience with issues management and crisis communications, helping clients manage breaking negative issues and events affecting corporate reputation.
The ideal candidate will bring established relationships with business media and a passion for building strong contacts to deliver impactful coverage for clients. With an inquisitive and analytical nature, they will possess the ability to translate client objectives and business strategies into story narratives that the media find useful and compelling.
- Understand client business goals and target audiences to craft multi-platform communications plans that leverage the most effective media players and personalities
- Translate communications strategy into relevant, timely and engaging story narratives
- Craft content (key messages, pitches, alerts, releases, social copy, etc.) to positively position clients and educate media on a client’s point of view
- Understand news cycles, cultural shifts, industry trends and issues that affect clients, distilling meaningful insights and inserting clients’ narratives in targeted, relevant and insightful ways when appropriate
- Conduct pressing research on a wide range of issues, reviewing and preparing executive summaries and/or analyses detailing clear and concise findings, and distilling complex and large amounts of information into strategic and actional recommendations
- Craft proactive and reactive media strategies and statements on client issues. Actively participate in counsel around potential scenarios and recommended actions
- Collaborate with digital, social and influencer counterparts internally and on the client side to ensure earned results carry through integrated programming
- Represent the agency and clients with journalists to illicit positive, productive and purposeful coverage
- Set and meet media goals and evaluation criteria, overseeing pitch teams through execution
- Advise and coach junior and senior colleagues alike to ensure earned best practices carry through our work
- Contribute to the career growth of junior team members, serving as mentor and role model
- Participate in agency development and assist with new business
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in PR (agency or corporate in-house), journalism or media property
- Experience with issues management and crisis communications
- Experience working in multiple industries: consumer, healthcare and/or technology brands
- Trusted, personal relationships with influential media and journalists
- Journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories
- Deep understanding of the evolving media landscape; pulse on new opportunities and platforms
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills that are clear, concise and direct
- Work well across various teams and talent communities
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong decision-making skills
- People management and development
- Experience with clients that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Commitment to client confidentiality related to all issues
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and inclusive
Current Global is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-29