Manager, Media Strategy & Planning
The Media Team develops integrated Communication Strategies & Media Plans that drives multiplatform consumption of ESPN’s brands, products & platforms.
The Media Strategy & Planning Manager will create, monitor, execute and optimize integrated media plans using ESPN’s owned media channels to drive ESPN+ subscriber acquisition goals. The ideal candidate has a strong background in digital and traditional Media Planning, Programmatic optimization and is familiar with the required tools and practices in the industry. Understanding of digital streaming and subscription ecosystem is a plus.
This position will report to the Associate Director, Media Strategy & Planning at ESPN with close collaboration with Disney Streaming Services.
- Plan ESPN+ campaigns utilizing a broad mix of ESPN inventory including Digital, TV, Radio, OOH and Programmatic to drive subscriber acquisition, conversion & retention.
- Track, monitor, and optimize performance against key KPIs.
- Liaise between Disney Streaming Services, ESPN brand teams, Disney Advertising Sales and external agencies to reserve inventory, communicate specs, obtain delivery details, organize kick-off calls, and assist in the trafficking process to ensure timely launch of campaigns.
- Recommend media optimizations and synthesize learnings to inform broader marketing strategy.
- Own reporting updates to Marketing and Finance teams to ensure we’re delivering planned support.
- Minimum of 5 years of media & digital acquisition experience required.
- Experience with media buying and planning across offline channels.
- Master of media math, data and yield analysis skills.
- Proficiency with display advertising, specifically real-time bidding, DMP/DSP platforms, attribution models, and associated technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Media systems/tools (DV360, ComScore, DoubleClick, Google Ads Manager, etc.).
- Ability to make data-driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done.
- Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed.
- Genuine interest in sports and excitement to influence and impact the fan experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-27