Manager, Member Relations
Business-Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC)
Are you a customer-focused, highly-motivated, proactive individual? Do you enjoy finding solutions to problems and helping others to be successful? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment where you can make an impact? Then we want to talk to you!
BIPAC is a membership organization providing technology tools and strategic services to America’s business community to help increase their effectiveness in the political arena. We work closely with our corporate and trade association members to assist with their PAC, grassroots advocacy, and voter education programs, providing them with websites and web tools, graphic design, political analysis, best practice information, and strategy to make their programs successful.
We are looking for a self-directed team player to deliver outstanding strategic support and guidance to our member organizations. You will collaborate with a portfolio of company and association members while providing consulting services and technical support to help them leverage their BIPAC membership benefits and create or maintain successful programs. You must have excellent communication, time and project management skills plus the passion to proactively help make our members successful.
The Manager, Member Relations uses in-depth knowledge of each member combined with a deep knowledge of the product and services (functional and technical) to increase adoption of BIPAC products. The Manager, Member Relations is able to discuss and advise on core functionality and features beyond the fundamentals, to help the member organization achieve specific business results and maximum value. This position manages one staff member to assist with technical and other project support for the assigned group of member organizations.
If you excel as a team player, can strategically identify and implement solutions, have customer service experience, an interest in the political process, plus a winning combination of drive, initiative, and desire to impact our corporate mission, we would like to meet you.
This position is based full-time in our Washington, DC office and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Provide top-notch customer service to member organizations related to their grassroots advocacy, voter education, and PAC programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for day-to-day member requests, ensuring tasks are routed to the appropriate person and completed.
- Resolve customer service issues and skillfully manage complex customer service problems.
- Manage members’ expectations and experience in a way that results in high member satisfaction.
- Oversee and manage the resolution of technical and other issues, ensuring prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and other needs.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in functionality of product and utilize that expertise effectively to help members.
- Conduct trainings on how to use the BIPAC website administration system and provide overviews and information to members about the resources and tools available to them.
- Proactively maintain and update BIPAC member websites by: updating site content, coordinating and troubleshooting issues, suggesting ways to improve the site, etc.
- Support other department projects and team members as needed.
- 2+ years of professional experience is preferred.
- Customer service experience required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of picking up new technical skills quickly and willingness to learn new things.
- Background or interest in government affairs, national policy issues, and political advocacy desired.
- Ability to be proactive and efficiently understand members’ needs.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Organized, self-starter who can work independently as well as interact well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate member issues as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
BIPAC’s mission sits squarely at the intersection of business and politics. In this role, the Manager, Member Relations will have the unique opportunity to advance the mission while building relationships with some of the country’s most prestigious companies. The successful individual will be able to identify and manage members’ needs while resolving reactive requests and issues. We offer a competitive base salary in addition to company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, metro transit benefits, a day off to volunteer, team outings, vacation time, sick leave, 401K matching, and more. We have an excellent team environment with a real opportunity to make a difference within the organization and impact the programs of many business organizations across the country.
Find out more about us at www.bipac.org. If you believe you have the skills to drive our members’ success and to provide impact to the BIPAC mission, we encourage you to apply.
Email cover letter and resume to Tim Riordan at email@example.com
Job posted: 2020-01-29