Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, North America QSC Communications
The Quality & Supply Chain (QSC) Communications Manager for North America will provide communications advice and support to QSC. The role combines communications, issues management, reputation-building campaigns and guidance to manufacturing sites. The role holder will need to work closely with the US and NA Corporate Affairs Lead as well as experts in government affairs, internal and external communications, crisis management etc. and their QSC partners as necessary to deliver on Corporate Affairs priorities.
Working to a dynamic agenda of strategic business priorities, the role will support alignment between QSC and other Consumer Healthcare teams, provide communications support for key operational priorities and issues (e.g. improving cost competitiveness, launching a new products), build trust with external stakeholders and manage issues effectively (e.g. product recall, restructuring). The individual will also contribute actively to the development and implementation of joined-up communications designed for a diverse population of employees including frontline operators in our factories.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop and implement a proactive external communication strategy to position Consumer Healthcare as trusted and preferred partners across QSC- relevant stakeholders.
- Lead communications on significant (i.e. external) QSC issues for the sites and QSC across the BU/region, leveraging expertise and support from the Issues Management, Media Relations, Government Affairs teams and local Corporate Affairs Lead as appropriate
- Work with local communications agencies and US and NA Corporate Affairs lead to manage crises and issues (media monitoring, statements, media training, leading on the communications & Corporate Affairs strategy, etc.). When communications expertise is required, represent Corporate Affairs on Product Incident Review Committees (PIRCs) and work closely with Consumer Relations teams to ensure aligned communication to consumers.
- Create content (stories, messaging, facts, proof points) to include in the overall company narrative and external communications strategy (footprint, sustainability story, heritage brands, manufacturing technology, etc.).
- Work with Consumer Relations team to ensure consumer-friendly responses to consumer inquiries.
- Support and coach sites to ensure best practice internal communications, local stakeholder engagement and suitable local spokespeople identified and trained.
- Partner with/support US and NA Corporate Affairs Lead to drive external engagement for the sites (visits of Government Officials/other key stakeholders to the sites, media visits, media opportunities).
- Build profile of QSC and its leaders, providing counsel to QSC leaders on activities.
- Oversee, develop and retain high quality, engaged communications champions for our sites and QSC teams.
We are looking for professionals who embody our new cultural attributes (go beyond; do what matters most; keep it human) have strong learning agility and ability to lead through complexity and ambiguity.
The candidate will have a proven track record of developing and delivering communications strategies that are effective at both a global and local level, including how to engage a culturally diverse and remote workforce, many of whom are not regular PC users.
This role requires an experienced communicator with strong creativity, who is capable of credibly influencing at a senior level. Ideally, this individual will have a good understanding of GSK and established networks. The role also requires an ability to identify and focus on key issues and priorities, to take complex briefs and simplify information quickly, and be able to explain them clearly to both lay and more sophisticated audiences. Critically, the person in this role must be comfortable working in a matrix team and able to cope with ambiguity and manage multiple, complex issues.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- 5+ years’ experience as a manager in communications in the healthcare or FMCG industry and/or supply chain environment
- Experience developing trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and able to engage with leadership and executive team
- Experience handling crisis management as related to product quality issues and/or recalls
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong expertise, experience and confidence to plan, counsel on and deliver communications to manage or mitigate issues and their associated reputational impact. Ability to operate calmly and effectively under pressure
- Uses insights to ensure communication strategies are effectively tailored to the unique QSC audience needs.
- Strong strategic thinking, execution and overall business acumen. Must demonstrate sound judgment and be able to deal with ambiguity and handle sensitive situations.
- Experience working in a global matrixed organisation, across cultures and teams of geographically dispersed people with strong ability to prioritise.
- Excellent communication skills – compelling storytelling, high quality writing, sensitive to cultural nuances, very strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills; ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation. Ability to build trust, always operating with a high degree of integrity and discretion.
- Proactive, flexible, resilient and self-motivated – able to work both autonomously and in a team. Strong initiative, attention to detail and sense of urgency required.
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills as well as excellent listening skills.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Strong capability in managing changing business environment and ambiguity.
- Fluent in English. Additional language skills will be an advantage.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-21