Manager of HUPAC
Manager of HUPAC
National Association of Health UnderwritersSuccess Factors:
To be successful in this position, the Manager of HUPAC must have a strong interest in politics, lobbying, and health policy. He/she must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented, organized, possess a strong work ethic and have exceptional time management skills. The Manager of HUPAC should also have an understanding of campaign finance law and the role the PAC plays in the political process. He/she must have the ability to communicate effectively via telephone and written communication. The manger should be entrepreneurial and willing to learn and deploy the latest techniques and best practices for raising PAC funds. The candidate should be able to work well with the government affairs team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage the administration of the PAC to ensure sound financial management and compliance with applicable federal election laws.
• Produce internal and external PAC reports, communication materials, and analyses.
• Develop and implement PAC strategies to include fundraising, budgeting, and participation goals.
• Manage and perform financial transactions, including recording and verifying contributions and distributing funds to campaign committees.
• Plan and execute ongoing PAC solicitation and communication activities and campaigns, including developing goals; preparing key written and visual communication materials; and measuring progress.
• Manage relationships with outside PAC services providers and develop key relationships with other PAC Managers.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as staff liaison to the HUPAC Board of Trustees
• Assist with the coordination and preparation for NAHU’s Capitol Conference
• Represent NAHU and HUPAC at briefings and events as necessary
• Manage HUPAC booth at NAHU meetings
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Education and Professional Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or related field
• 2 year’s experience required
• Excellent customer service, written, and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with PAC software (CISION preferred), iMIS or other membership database, and Microsoft Office
This position is performed in a traditional office environment and also requires the individual to travel occasionally to other locations for meetings and other business related needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to stand; sit; walk; use fingers and hands to control computer mouse, type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
NAHU will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.Submit applications to: <CHartmann@nahu.org>
Job posted: 2020-02-24