Manager, Organizational Communications
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Initiated in 1898, the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association is the marketing organization and trade association for America’s one million cattle farmers and ranchers. With offices in Denver and Washington, D.C., NCBA is a consumer-focused, producer-directed organization representing the largest segment of the nation’s food and fiber industry. NCBA works to achieve the vision; “A dynamic and profitable beef industry, which concentrates resources around a unified plan, consistently meets global consumer needs and increases demand.”
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Manager, Organizational Communications provides support to NCBA’s print, digital and social media properties, including but not limited to National Cattlemen, Directions and NCBA.org. In addition, this position will also support the communication and program efforts of NCBA’s sustainability work, including the U.S. Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (USRSB). Strong communications and public relations skills are required for this position. Successful candidates must possess solid writing and editing skills, an understanding of social media best practices and a willingness to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Candidates must be able to work both independently and with a team, while also having the ability to manage multiple projects on a deadline.
- Writes and edits content for National Cattlemen, Directions, BeefUSA social media and NCBA.org website.
- Provides content and editorial for all NCBA media outlets.
- Contributes to drafting of press releases, reports and other materials as needed.
- Works with the sustainability team to advance sustainability messages to membership, influencers and media.
- Serves as a member of the communications team, working specifically with the policy-funded sustainability team in Denver office to develop communication tools and messaging.
- Coordinates media coverage and acts as the primary media contact for USRSB and NCBA’s beef sustainability policy-funded initiatives.
- In conjunction with NCBA’s Communications team members, develops and implements comprehensive communications plan/strategy for policy-funded beef sustainability initiatives.
- Tracks media coverage of sustainability initiatives and news.
- Coordinates social media across multiple teams and NCBA departments to optimize traffic.
- Maintains a firm understanding of work done on behalf of NCBA and USRSB members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Degree in Journalism, communications, English, Public Relations and/or related field is required.
- Candidate must possess solid relationship building skills; strong editing and writing abilities; and extensive knowledge of event planning and coordination.
- Candidate should have strong computer skills, knowledge of web-based platforms and social media channels including their unique attributes.
- Candidate must have strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively as part of a dynamic team, be a long-term planner, thinker and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a working knowledge of, and/or experience in, the agriculture or food industries and beef sustainability.
- Candidate must have a commitment to upholding beef’s position as the preferred protein and should possess a passion for working for America’s farmers and ranchers.
- Travel required (Less than 15 percent).
- Extended work hours are required.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-16