Manager, PAC (135168)
The Home Depot Government Relations office is looking to immediately hire a PAC Manager. The ideal candidate will be a passionate PAC or political professional, highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able multitask under pressure to advance The Home Depot’s government relations agenda and manage the PAC program. Must have 3-5 years of experience working with or for a PAC or in government relations, public affairs, fundraising, campaigning, or on Capitol Hill. Experience with DDC or other PAC database a plus.
The PAC Manager will be responsible for the administration and enhancement of The Home Depot’s $4.1 million per cycle Political Action Committee (PAC), including education, communication, fundraising, political giving, legal compliance, donor relations, and associate engagement. This position reports to the Director, Policy and Political Programs and will be responsible for the execution and success of all PAC solicitations for a multi-million-dollar corporate PAC from more than 25,000 salaried employees.
In partnership with the Manager, Communications and Advocacy and external vendors, the PAC Manager develops all PAC communications and collateral, including solicitation emails and one pagers, PAC education materials, videos, and the PAC Annual Report. Responsible for the distribution and tracking of all PAC contributions, including compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and state pay-to-play laws, and manages fundraising events.
The role will also be a strategic partner to the Director, Policy and Political Programs with program planning and execution.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and executes creative education and solicitation campaigns to be championed by our network of more than 300 PAC Captains across the country.
- Acts as the key motivator and inspirational leader of the best-in-class PAC Captain network, providing timely responses to their needs, developing and hosting regular trainings, and sharing creative fundraising ideas to help them achieve their goals.
- Oversees the PAC website, ensuring content is current and relevant.
- Executes quarterly PAC donor events at The Home Depot Store Support Center in Atlanta and regional offices.
- Organize participation of Home Depot employees at in-district events, like town hall meetings or political events.
- Working with The Home Depot PAC Chair, is responsible for the organization of quarterly PAC Board meetings, including development of the agenda and all related materials.
- Manages, recommends, and distributes PAC contributions to the campaigns of targeted Members of Congress and state legislators and attends fundraising events as needed.
- Ensures the timely filing of FEC and state political reporting, and ensures compliance with all state, federal, and local election law
- Executes an annual PAC Match program benefiting over 1,500 charitable organizations.
- Other activities including special event execution and management, including Presidential Inaugurations and political conventions
Nature and Scope
- This position reports to the Director, Policy and Political Programs
- This position has no direct reports.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5+ years of experience working with or for a PAC or in government relations, campaigning, fundraising, or on Capitol Hill
- Unwavering attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Passion for political engagement
- Excellent writer
- Experience with DDC or other PAC database
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills to relate to individuals on various levels
- Proficiency in Power Point and Excel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-11-11