Manager Patient Affairs
The Manager for Patient Affairs will support the development and execution of Grifols Patient Centricity strategy. To accomplish this, the Manager will be responsible for leading a regional strategy focused on issues of health policy and patient relations/advocacy with a geographic scope that covers North America. Core focus areas include health policy, patient relations/advocacy, patient organization programming, charitable grants/donations. This role understands the needs of the business and of the patient communities and executes on opportunities to work at the intersection of these two priorities. This role interfaces with Patient Organizations and patient communities, developing and maintaining trusted relationships and ensuring an overall partnership ethos. This role also looks to deliver value-added insights from patients to improve the quality and competitiveness of Grifols products and services.
• Serve as liaison and spokesperson for key Grifols internal stakeholders and various patient organizations to enhance Grifols’ image and reputation in the areas of plasma safety, patient education and patient care services.
• Advise on patient-focused communications including patient educational materials, employee education, patient support groups and donor center initiatives.
• Advance Grifols brand within our targeted patient and business communities at both a national and local level
• Initiate and manage educational programs including conducting patient/caregiver plasma donor center and manufacturing tours, coordinating plasma donor center visits, and building a patient/caregivers speakers network.
• Assist in the design and development of commercial patient programs to insure patient-centric views are represented.
• Monitor the external landscape for emerging issues and future influencers within our patient and local business communities
• Help coordinate Grifols’ patient relations activities with plasma donor centers and grassroots efforts with key stakeholders
• Provide day to day consulting assistance with patient inquiries and special projects
• Contribute to the overall mission of the Grifols Corporate Affairs Department by supporting the development, management and implementation of Grifols public relations and communication strategies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the prioritization and advancement of the company’s public affairs agenda focusing on elevating Grifols visibility among the patient organizations and local communities by providing educational information and acting as a company representative and resource for our stakeholder relationships. The successful candidate will be responsible for projecting the highest values and ethics consistent with Grifols corporate policies at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong background in patient support activities, a keen understanding of the dynamics of volunteer organizations with the ability to empathize with chronically ill patient/caregivers.
• Understanding of basic healthcare policy including Medicare and Medicaid; familiarity with plasma medicines and rare disease communities a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy a must for success in achieving goals with internal audiences and external stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including creative application of power point and other presentation media.
• Must be a team player capable of managing multiple projects and widely varying internal and external stakeholder relationships.
• Willingness to travel for meetings and presentations, including weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in life sciences, public health, public relations or not-for-profits
• Minimum of 5 years experience in public affairs or public relations including grassroots activities, preferably with patient and/or community relations exposure.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Please apply at
Job posted: 2021-10-09