Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Policy Analysis & Research
What you’ll be doing:
• Provide project management support to GA’s lead cannabis engagement director; track cannabis-related GA activities; maintain cannabis-related public policy materials; support cannabis public policy planning and other strategy activities; coordinate within GA and other Altria functions on cross-functional activities including Regulatory Affairs, Communications, and Law.
• Build cannabis policy expertise and draft advocacy, education, and other materials for use externally and internally, including position papers, education materials, and presentations. Provide support to Federal Government Affairs and State Government Affairs on engagements with policymakers. May occasionally support RA on related external engagement and advocacy.
• Monitor and internally report on the cannabis policy environment, including federal and state legislative and regulatory activity, industry dynamics and developments, and media activity (including social).
• Support GA’s cannabis lead on outreach to and engagement with third parties on cannabis policy issues. Track engagements and participate in direct third-party policy engagements as appropriate.
What we want you to have:
• BS/BA degree. Advanced degree is a plus.
• 4+ years of experience in government affairs or other external affairs disciplines.
• Outstanding communications skills, including superior writing ability.
• Strong project management capabilities.
• Knowledge of and experience with legislation, lobbying, and third-party policy engagement.
• Substantive knowledge of cannabis issues is a plus.
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional setting.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit-sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance.
Altria has a leading portfolio of tobacco products for U.S. tobacco consumers age 21+. Altria’s Vision through 2030 is to responsibly lead the transition of adult smokers to a non-combustible future. Altria is Moving Beyond Smoking™, leading the way in moving adult smokers away from cigarettes by taking action to transition millions to potentially less harmful choices – believing it is a substantial opportunity for adult tobacco consumers, Altria’s businesses and society. Altria’s wholly owned subsidiaries include the most profitable tobacco companies in their categories: Philip Morris USA Inc. (PM USA), U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC), and John Middleton Co. (Middleton). Altria’s smoke-free portfolio includes Helix Innovations LLC (Helix), the maker of on! oral nicotine pouches, exclusive U.S. commercialization rights to the IQOS Tobacco Heating System® and Marlboro HeatSticks®, and an equity investment in JUUL Labs, Inc. (JUUL). Altria complements its tobacco portfolio with ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates (Ste. Michelle) and equity investments in Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (ABI), the world’s largest brewer, and Cronos Group Inc. (Cronos), a leading Canadian cannabinoid company. At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other’s unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about Altria at www.altria.com and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Job posted: 2021-12-26