Manager, Policy and Public Affairs
The Pill Club
About The Pill Club
The Pill Club is making women’s healthcare more accessible and affordable by creating a simple, personal and convenient patient experience. Our mission is to be the most trusted health care partner for women, empowering our members through greater access, choice, and education about their options —all while delivering a positive and personal experience. Simply put: we’re putting the ‘care’ back into health care.
Starting with birth control, we’ve built in-house medical and pharmacy capabilities all integrated with insurance, to create a superior customer experience. In doing so, we have defined digital contraceptive care for women and are the nation’s leading integrated healthcare platform, combining telemedicine and direct-to-consumer pharmacy with the broadest insurance coverage in the space. Our ambition is to bring this level of superior customer experience to all areas of women’s digital primary care.
We are a growth stage company with over $100M in venture capital funding from leading investors, such as VMG Partners, GV (Google Ventures), Shasta Ventures, Base 10 Ventures, Acme Labs and more. Today, we serve hundreds of thousands of members nationwide, and prescribe in 48 states, plus Washington, D.C.
The Manager of Policy & Public Affairs is responsible for developing and executing strategic government relations plans across local, regional and federal levels. They are the company’s liaison between elected officials, policy makers and third parties to build credibility for The Pill Club (TPC) and create a positive case for change in telemedicine policy and a favorable environment for telemedicine and other innovations in healthcare.
Reporting to the Head of Policy and Public Policy and working closely with legal, market access, marketing and product, they ensure that policies, legislation and regulation are conducive to our current and future business and maximizes TPCs presence and impact with relevant decision makers, including legislators, regulators, and advocacy organizations.
- Create and implement TPC’s long-range government relations strategic plan for legislative and regulatory issues at the federal, state and local levels.
- Continuing to establish relationships in the reproductive rights and healthcare space.
- Lay the groundwork for market expansion and neutralize roadblocks to existing business.
- Gain visibility with opinion elites and decision makers through, among other tactics, strategic messaging and engagement campaigns.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and define The Pill Club’s key policy positions — and support the creation of written and visual materials advocating these positions.
- Advise the Brand, Comms and Policy team and company leadership on political and legislative developments, including emerging regulatory and legislative issues that could impact our patients and our business. Develop the strategies and support to appropriately engage government officials and support public policy initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with elected officials, legislative staff, policy groups, serving as a strong company advocate.
- Proactively identify and collaborate with third parties, including academics, think tanks, business groups and others who can amplify our messages and advocate for favorable policies.
- Draft compelling narrative to communicate about and advocate for company priorities to key stakeholders.
- A passion for women’s health, understanding of health trends, and empathy for our members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to meaningfully contribute to major initiatives and project teams
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and be highly resourceful in a startup environment
- Ability to balance strategy and creativity to drive action-oriented campaigns
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, ambiguous, fluid environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to influence decision makers
- 5 years of relevant experience working with or in government, think tanks, research, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporate public policy organizations
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in a healthcare and/or in a women’s focused brand
- Based in the Bay Area
The Pill Club is committed to employee health and safety. COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all employees who work, have desire to work, or have occasion to be in office, with the exception of those who have an approved exemption for medical or religious accommodation.
– Medical, dental and vision insurance
– 401k plan and matching
– Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
– Pre-Tax Commuter, FSA, and HSA benefits
– Unlimited time off
– 16 weeks of parental leave
– $15K towards family planning and fertility support via Carrot
– Unlimited access to thousands of workouts via Aaptiv
– Unlimited access to meditation, sleep exercises and more via Headspace
– Pet insurance via Petplan
– Mortgage, student and personal loan refinancing, and personal finance management via Sofi
– Gym, travel and additional discounts via Perkspot
If you fit most of these requirements and love the idea of working to improve women’s health, please apply with a resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-01