Manager, Political Action Committee
The National Confectioners Association is the trade organization that advances, protects and promotes chocolate, candy, gum and mints, and the companies that make these special treats. As the leading association for the U.S. confectionery industry, NCA helps ensure the public understands and appreciates the unique role that chocolate and candy can play in a happy, balanced lifestyle. America’s chocolate and candy companies are committed to transparency, portion guidance, choice and consumer education.
Position Overview: The Political Action Committee Manager is responsible for managing the NCA CandyPAC and for supporting the organization’s efforts around political activities.
- Manage PAC activities by overseeing all membership engagement, communications and solicitation for the CandyPAC.
- Work closely with the PAC Committee chairman and organization leadership to achieve executive participation, board contribution goals and prior approval goals.
- Oversee and draft quarterly newsletter, correspondence and website content.
- Oversee database and all records of contributions for tracking and FEC reporting.
- Support PAC Committee chairman and organization leadership on committee calls, presentation development and other relevant projects.
- Work closely with the finance department on payment systems.
- Manage two annual CandyPAC dinners, including marketing, rewards and recognition.
- Work closely with the government affairs team on contribution/giving strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Campaign experience
- One to three years of Capitol Hill or related experience
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Salary commensurate with experience.
What’s Great About Working for NCA as the Political Action Committee Manager?
- You get to be a point of connectivity between NCA and an industry of passionate professionals representing some of the most well-respected and purposeful companies and brands.
- The nature of your work will be challenging and fun – and it will be vital to our ability to deliver on the goals of our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan: Thrive in 2025.
- NCA is an exceptionally well-respected brand in Washington, D.C., and beyond. We do important and meaningful work on behalf of the nearly 55,000 candy makers in the U.S.
- Your colleagues are talented and passionate individuals who are dedicated to the success of the confectionery industry – and to each other.
- We promote a flexible work environment that respects your life outside of work.
- NCA offers a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package.
NCA’s Core Values
In our workplace and throughout the confectionery industry, NCA promotes:
- Happiness – reflecting the fun and enjoyment of confections
- Trust – serving as a model of transparency, integrity and authenticity
- Community – fostering diversity and collaborative relationships
- Responsibility – encouraging and promoting a sustainable industry that creates value for all of our stakeholders
- Leadership – demonstrating purposeful, proactive and nimble leadership
NCA employees are currently working remotely. The intent is for employees to return to the office 2-3 days per week on a permanent basis.
Send a résumé and one-page cover letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the Manager, Political Action Committee position in your cover letter.
NCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NCA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of NCA’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job posted: 2021-09-27