Manager, Political Action Committee
Manager, Political Action Committee
With a mission to protect and promote freedom around the world, Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, Peraton delivers trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, Peraton employees “do the can’t be done,” solving the most daunting challenges facing their customers.
Headquarters: Herndon, VA
Prime Contracts: 90%
Peraton serves the following key markets:
- Space: Peraton provides solutions for space protection and resiliency, flight dynamics, orbital determination, Earth observation, weather, intelligence processing, advanced sensors and payloads, ground processing, information analytics, space platform defensive cyber operations, and telemetry, tracking and control systems.
- Intelligence: Peraton provides critical mission operations support, mission management capabilities, and engineering services in support of the Intelligence Community and its critical missions.
- Cyber: Peraton delivers robust cyber solutions and services, enabling their customers to secure their digital domain. Peraton’s solutions support defensive and offensive capability needs and their services include 24x7x365 protection of our nation’s most critical networks and data systems. Peraton’s approach to providing comprehensive cyber mission capabilities is underpinned by their information management and analytics technologies, which collect and disseminate time-sensitive intelligence to counter adversarial threats at the speed of the need.
- Defense: Peraton provides strategic solutions for platforms and missions across air, land, and sea domains, specifically in nuclear re-entry systems, threat modeling and simulation, test and instrumentation range integration, early-warning and long-range detection systems, aircraft and naval avionics and propulsion, logistics, and advanced unmanned maritime and ground systems.
- Homeland Security: Peraton provides critical technology integration and mission support services to protect the homeland and advance the national security priorities of the nation through systems that prevent terrorism, secure the borders, support domestic law enforcement, safeguard aviation, enable commerce, and partner with other government agencies and partner nations for intelligence collection and dissemination.
- Civil: Peraton shares their customers’ commitment to provide security and protection to our federal agencies by delivering comprehensive, secure solutions and insightful applied analytics that are focused on bringing the value of performance to complex environments, ensuring successful mission outcomes.
- Health: Peraton enables customers to be more efficient through solutions that reduce fraud, waste and abuse; improve data analytics; and provide better user experiences. From cloud capability to user experience prioritization, Peraton’s ability to effectively and intuitively distribute data to our customers results in high mission performance and ensures end-user satisfaction.
Through a series of acquisitions, as well as organic growth, Peraton has grown in 2021 to become the nation’s largest mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider. The new Peraton is: Fearless. Agile. Scalable. Interconnected.
The Washington Post named Peraton a “Top Place to Work” in 2021 and by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in Virginia in 2020.
For additional information, please visit www.peraton.com.
In this newly created role, the Manager, Political Action Committee (PAC) will report to SVP Government and Customer Relations and oversee day to day operations of the PAC to include – but not limited to — budget, disbursement, compliance, governance, communications, reporting, vendors, banking, and growth. This is a tremendous opportunity for a candidate with entrepreneurial spirit to take an existing PAC and grow it into an industry leading PAC against the backdrop of an innovative, mission focused national security company. Peraton is a rapidly growing company, delivering trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions that keep people safe and secure. As an integral member of the Government and Customer Relations team, the ideal candidate will provide operational support and strategic guidance to the PAC Board, Government and Customer Relations leadership, and key stakeholders, and must embody the qualities and core values of the new Peraton. Operating both internally and outward-facing, the candidate must always act with integrity, trust and with a “we before I” mindset, honoring the missions we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Peraton Corporation’s PAC strategy, planning, fundraising and events.
- Develop and manage marketing strategies and solicitation campaigns throughout the year to build awareness of and support for Peraton Corporation’s PAC.
- Develop and manage a political calendar to ensure the Government and Customer Relations team is aware of important political events and engagements.
- Develop and coordinate a monthly PAC newsletter, updating on PAC activities and opportunities.
- Develop a PAC intranet site and ensure it is updated with the most current news and information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key political fundraisers.
- Work with SVP Government and Customer Relations and other PAC Board members to support and advise the PAC Board on strategy and execution, including preparing Board presentations.
- Oversee day to day operations of PAC (donor database, budget, disbursement, compliance, governance, communications, reporting, vendors, banking, fundraising, growth, solicitation campaigns, correspondence, records, internal processes)
- Ensure compliance with all federal rules, guidelines, and laws
- Conduct political and election law research
- Collaborate with internal corporate stakeholders and outside political counsel for successful management and execution
- Five years of experience in one or more areas: PAC management and political fundraising
- Knowledge of Federal Election Commission campaign finance laws/guidelines and best practices.
- Experience working with Federal government and legislative processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills; data analytics a plus.
- Experience successfully encouraging and growing PAC participation
- Proficient using PAC compliance software systems
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and strategy skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Comfortable managing multiple issues for complex projects with both short and long-term time horizons
- Proactive, requires minimal direction
- Excellent judgement and impeccable integrity
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communication
- Well-developed political acumen
- Collaborative, detail oriented team player who thrives in a dynamic environment
To apply for this position, click here: https://careers.peraton.com/job-details/14310982/manager-political-action-committee-remote/
Job posted: 2021-11-15