Manager Political Action Committee and Government Affairs Network
This position manages the grassroots/Government Affairs Network (GAN) and the Premier Employee Political Action Committee, and supports the Public Affairs team on lobbying, policy and communication activities. The individual researches policy issues, writes communications and creates presentations, and assists in other ways to support advocacy efforts. They have full latitude for independent judgment when applying skills and problem-solving capabilities, with input and minimal oversight required by supervisor. They update their job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
- Government Affairs Network (GAN)/grassroots support
- Manages the strategic planning and outreach/engagement and retention of GAN members
- Drafts and distributes communications and Action Alerts to GAN members
- Maintains state flag sheets showing the footprint of Alliance members and their congressional representation by reviewing member database and aligning with congressional districting
- Manages the maintenance of VOCUS (government relations database/software)
- Plans and executes bi-annual GAN meetings
- PAC activity/support
- Manages the Premier Employee Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Develops the strategic plan to expand participation in the PAC, including contribution allocation, campaign outreach and development of congressional ‘champions’ list.
- Manages financial/legal aspects of the PAC; ensures contributions and distributions from the Premier PAC comply with FEC laws and checks are distributed to candidates
- Writes content and maintains PAC website
- Outreach and Planning for fundraising targets
- Manages writing and distribution of bi-annual PAC reports
- Public Affairs/Policy communications
- Manages using Public Affairs templates and communication software to format and send out newsletters, action alerts and other Public Affairs communications
- Maintains PremierConnect, Public Affairs Premierinc.com, Reimbursement, Nexus, Public Affairs Inside Premier
- Compiles Weekly Legislative and Regulatory Round-up
- Policy development and support
- Conducts research on assigned policy issues
- Creates and maintains lobbying and other charts
- Creates PowerPoint presentations with input from Public Affairs Staff
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Area of study required: Political science, healthcare or related discipline, business administration, management
- Years of experience required: 4 or more years of applicable experience
- Type of experience required: Research and writing policy updates for a legislative, advocacy, and/or public affairs environment
- Type of experience preferred: Capitol Hill or other federal affairs; Knowledge of the healthcare industry
Role Specific Competencies:
- High level of computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with updating web content via standard web publishing tools (FrontPage/ ExpressionWeb, Dreamweaver, Lotus WCM)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS a plus
- Ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of healthcare policy
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Premier is looking for smart, agile individuals like you to help us transform the healthcare industry. Here you will find critical thinkers who have the freedom to make an impact. Colleagues who share your thirst to learn more and do things better. Teammates committed to improving the health of a nation. See why incredible challenges require incredible people.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or status or that of persons with whom an applicant associates. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Premier complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Premier also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to email@example.com or contact Premier Recruiting at 704.816.5200.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-21