Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Data and Operations for Political Action Committee (PAC)
Position Title: Manager, Political Action Committee
Reports to: VP, Industry and Political Affairs
Position Summary: AHLA is seeking a full-time Manager, Political Action Committee (HotelPAC). The
Manager oversees AHLA’s PAC administration, analysis, marketing, fundraising, compliance and research
efforts for the Government Affairs team. This includes developing presentation tools, monthly
newsletters, and updates regarding the AHLA PAC for the Executive Leadership Team and AHLA Advisory
Committee. This position also ensures that all federal and state PAC and lobbying filings are completed
and performs research on public policy issues at the federal level that impact the hospitality industry,
• Develop and execute AHLA’s PAC strategy, planning, fundraising and events.
• Develop and manage marketing strategies and solicitation campaigns throughout the year to
build awareness of and support for AHLA’s PAC.
• Manage a political calendar to ensure the Government Affairs team is aware of important
political events and engagements.
• Draft all elements of our quarterly PAC newsletter, updating on PAC activities and opportunities
including how the PAC promotes AHLA strategic objectives.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key political fundraisers.
• Work with VP, Industry and Political Affairs and other HotelPAC Advisory Council members to
support and advise the PAC Board on strategy and execution, including preparing Board
• Oversee day to day operations of PAC (donor database, budget, disbursement, compliance,
governance, communications, reporting, vendors, banking, fundraising, growth, solicitation
campaigns, correspondence, records, internal processes)
• Ensure compliance with all federal rules, guidelines, and laws working directly with AHLA
outside vendors and consultants.
• Collaborate with internal corporate stakeholders and outside political counsel for successful
management and execution
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Communications, or related area or equivalent work
• 3-5 years of experience in PAC Administration, fundraising, compliance; or a combination of
education and relevant experience.
• Knowledge of FEC compliance, the legislative process at the federal, state, and local levels.
Skills and Attributes:
• Experienced computer and software knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
• Demonstrated ability to work in diverse political climates with federal legislators and their
• A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
1250 EYE STREET, N.W. SUITE 1100 | WASHINGTON, D.C. 20005 | 202 289 3100 | WWW.AHLA.COM
• Excellent project management skills with great attention to detail, and strong work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and
grammatically correct content; willingness to be coached.
• Self-motivated individual who is also a team player with a high level of professionalism and
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail-oriented individual with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Minimal travel requirements.
• In Office position – Based in DC.
Interested applicants can apply by sending their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHLA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to apply even if your experience is
not a 100% match with the position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and
experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you
grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Job posted: 2022-11-01