Manager, Political Affairs
What you will do
The Political Affairs Manager Government Relations Manager supports the government relations team by managing the day-to-day operations of the JCI Political Action Committee (PAC), aiding in advocacy and communications efforts, coordinating the grassroots program and supporting the Vice President for Global Government Relations. The position requires will be able to serve multiple functions in a fast-paced corporate government relations office, and be able to facilitate collaboration across department functions and between departments.
How you will do it
- Political Action Committee
- Lead PAC solicitation efforts, including developing strategy and executing annual PAC campaign.
- Plan and execute PAC Steering Committee meetings.
- Manage the PAC Charity Match program.
- Coordinate payroll deductions and contributions with Finance/Payroll teams.
- Ensure the PAC is compliant with applicable election laws.
- Support the Government Relations team with attendance at political events.
- Political Engagement Coordination
- Facility tours: Develop and execute strategy for visits to company facilities for elected officials, including managing logistics for visits.
- Grassroots Program: Lead efforts to reshape and coordinate the company’s internal grassroots advocacy program.
- Government Relations Support
- Provide support to lobbyists and our government relations advocacy efforts.
- Represent the company at association and coalition meetings, and Congressional hearings as needed.
- Produce written materials to support the advocacy activities of the Government Relations team (presentations, state sheets, advocacy letters, talking points, etc.)
- Special Projects
- Support Global VP for Government Relations on key initiatives and activities.
- Work on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote the department’s success.
Desired Skills and Experience
What we look for
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in PAC activities and fundraising. Will also consider those with experience in communications, government relations, Federal policy or similar field.
- Knowledge: Understanding of U.S. political landscape and campaign finance. Knowledge of energy and environmental policy a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Excellent communications skills, including verbal, written and digital.
- Ability to successfully coordinate and manage multiple and diverse projects.
- Experience in developing outreach messaging and visual presentations.
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-12-02