Associated Builders & Contractors
ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 22,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org.
The Manager of Political Affairs will be responsible for advancing the merit shop philosophy using ABC PAC to elect federal candidates who support free enterprise and open competition. Engage and educate ABC members and chapters on the importance of political involvement in accordance with federal election law.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Responsible for managing all functional and administrative aspects of ABC PAC (PAC) and the Free Enterprise Alliance (FEA).
• Assist in formulating the annual PAC and FEA budgets and proposed contribution plans.
• Coordinate and participate in PAC and FEA solicitations.
• Draft PAC newsletters, association magazine articles, solicitations and board committee materials.
• Responsible for ensuring that both PAC and FEA comply with all Federal lobbying and FEC reporting requirements.
• Handle PAC and FEA customer service requests.
• Manage Aristotle donor database projects in division.
• Collect returned PAC forms, gets approval from chapter, and directs disbursement checks through process.
• Conduct candidate interviews in coordination with lobbyists.
• Assist with coordination and distribution of JSP funds with participating chapters.
• Track PAC contributions – including sustaining (monthly) credit card transactions.
• Prepare and maintain candidate questionnaires.
• Assist with Legislative Conference and all political events surrounding the week.
• Create and send requests for PAC and FEA disbursements (ballots) to respective Boards.
• Prepare forms and contribution information for staff political trips.
• Produce weekly PAC reports to send to PAC Trustees, chapters and volunteer leaders.
• Make sure member pledges are billed and paid.
• Liaison with ABC PAC Board of Trustees.
• Supervise badge production and distribution.
• Responsible for editing and updating political portions of ABC’s website.
- • Proficient at public speaking
- • Strong creative writing skills
- • Bachelor’s degree in related field at an accredited college or university
- • 2-3 years working with a federal political action committee (PAC)
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self.
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication, proofreading and editing skills.
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness – understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule.
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
TO APPLY: Click here to apply online.
Job Posted: September 11, 2017