Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Political Compliance
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Political Compliance to join our Office of Government Affairs and Public Policy (OGAPP) team.
- Provide lobbying compliance advice and reporting (e.g., federal, state, and local lobbying approvals in the firm’s Political Risk and Compliance System (PRACS); handle federal lobbying (LDA) registration and reporting, and gathering information to be used for state and local lobbying reports
- Handling gifts compliance, including providing approvals for KPMG and personal gifts to government employees and for working on events where government employees are going to be attendees
- Handling state and local pay-to-play and campaign finance compliance, including providing approval for KPMG partnership and personal contributions
- Provide political compliance certifications (e.g., gift, lobbying, and contributions) in connection with state and local government proposals and contracts
- Political compliance systems management
- Minimum seven years of political compliance experience preferably within a large company, professional services firm, lobbying firm, law firm, or trade association and demonstrable knowledge of federal, state, and/or local political compliance issues related to lobbying, gifts, and political contributions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to driving diversity, equity and inclusion at the group, enterprise, industry, or community level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations in regards to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
Job posted: 2023-02-02