Manager, Political Programs
The Manager, Political Programs provides expertise for the development and execution of the ICBPAC fundraising and disbursement strategies, compliance practices, and political programs at ICBA. This position coordinates with ICBA’s congressional relations staff regarding ICBA’s overall advocacy and political strategy and reports to the Vice President, Political Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive, track and report on the development and implementation of ICBPAC’s political action committee strategy in conjunction with the VP, Political Operations, congressional relations team members, leadership bankers, state association partners, and other stakeholders.
- At the direction of the Vice President, Political Operations, provide expertise in ICBPAC compliance and accounting functions, including generation of reports, disbursements to candidates, maintenance of receipts/solicitation authorization records and filing of FEC Reports.
- Serve as the point of contact for Congressional Relations staff in planning and hosting political fundraising events. Identify new audiences for ICBPAC involvement.
- Support the establishment of an election cycle disbursement budget with the congressional relations team and identify members of Congress, candidates, and federal political races critically important to the community banking industry.
- Work closely with ICBA’s grassroots advocacy team to support the recruitment, retention, and growth of its grassroots advocates and their engagement with ICBPAC to promote and advance the community banking advocacy agenda.
- Work in coordination with the ICBA Meetings & Events Department to plan and execute ICBPAC fundraising events nationwide, including the ICBPAC Silent Auction and a variety of regional fundraising events.
- Oversee the ICBPAC Directors Club Program including maintaining records, preparing mailings for annual renewal, and preparing and distributing annual recognition for participants.
- Manage ICBPAC payroll deduction program: coordinate with participating banks to collect all required compliance documentation, arrange for recurring financial transactions & manage payroll calendars, assist in recruiting additional participating banks.
- Prepare disbursement materials for Congressional Relations team, prepare checks, update and reviewing disbursement budget, and coordinating with affiliated PACs.
- Liaise with ICBPAC Committee, leadership bankers, and potential donors; also assist in preparation of ICBPAC Committee meeting materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or relevant field
- Minimum of five years in political/PAC fundraising, public policy, or government relations, or campaign setting
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally.
- Knowledge of FEC guidelines and regulations.
- Outstanding organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to meet and manage deadlines and work independently with good judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and database applications.
- Familiarity with Cision or other FEC compliance database and experience managing outside vendors.
- Ability to travel 5 – 6 times a year.
What is ICBA looking for in a team member?
Culture and team chemistry are essential to our future success. We value team-oriented people who want to help each other learn and grow, while delivering results for each other and our members.
Specifically, on the political team we are looking for someone who is not afraid to ask questions and has a passion for member engagement. Being able to manage consistent progress on several different projects along different timelines and meet deadlines is essential. The government relations team works with complex policy topics and our Manager should be excited by learning. Successful team members are able to take assignments, ask questions, then drive towards a result securing appropriate inputs from other team members and our bankers.
This is a full time, exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible savings account, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 6 % of your annual salary, generous amount of Paid Time Off, eleven paid holidays per year, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome new and diverse people who can strengthen our team.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-27