Manager of Public Affairs
Southwest Strategies is seeking a full-time manager to direct project teams and deliver strategic corporate communications support for large investor-owned utilities and businesses in California.
Southwest Strategies is always focused on building leaders in our industry and community. We want managers who get energized about mentoring others and leading projects while supporting staff in their growth. We seek people who are creative and have a passion for communicating and interacting with the public.
Who We Are
We are a full-service outreach and strategic communications firm, specializing in corporate communications, public outreach, government relations, and social media/digital advocacy. Get to know our work through some of our case studies.
- Collaborate with staff and leadership team members to develop strategic outreach and communications plans for clients
- Develop engaging messaging and content for internal and external client audiences
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients; maintain communication, address concerns, present communication strategies, and ultimately build trust
- Manage team project strategy and deadlines for clients, assign tasks to support staff and monitor progress throughout the project, and communicate status updates
- Collaborate with graphic designers on branding strategies to create impactful campaigns that meet objectives and budget parameters
- Maintain an understanding of current public relations and communications best practices, tactics and tools to provide strategic direction to clients
- 4-7 years previous Public Affairs, Public Relations or Community Relations experience required
- Proven success in managing and implementing internal communications related to complex issues and change management
- Experience managing comprehensive and complex multi-level projects with multiple team members
- Experience working with public or quasi-public agencies to gather feedback and disseminate information to underserved communities
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, Political Science, Public Affairs or Public Administration required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with AP Style and standard rules of grammar
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Dynamic and creative thinker
- Confidence to take initiative and problem solve
- Forward thinking and strategic mindset
- Social media and digital advocacy expertise, including management, advertising and targeting preferred
- Experience with transportation and energy industries preferred
- Fluency in Spanish a bonus!
Job Location: Walnut Creek, CA (currently work from home, but employee will be expected to meet with clients in the area)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-02