Manager, Public Affairs
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. CoreCivic is currently seeking a Manager, Public Affairs located at our corporate office in Brentwood, TN. Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is a diversified government solutions company with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government challenges in cost-effective ways. We provide a broad range of solutions to government partners that serve the public good through high-quality corrections and detention management, innovative and cost-saving government real estate solutions, and a growing network of residential reentry centers to help address America’s recidivism crisis. We are a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) and the nation’s largest owner of partnership correctional, detention and residential reentry facilities. We have been a flexible and dependable partner for government for more than 30 years.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
The Manager, Public Affairs is responsible for the implementation of external media and public affairs initiatives. Serves as an official spokesperson for the company in crisis/response media communications and other forms of communication with external stakeholders. Assists in managing and coordinating strategic media and public affairs activities with facility spokespersons, government partners, and other key stakeholders. Cultivates and facilitates stakeholder advocacy for the company, to include researching and developing strategic messaging that enhances the company’s reputation and relationships with stakeholders. Responsible for project management and event planning around stakeholder outreach efforts, as well as development and maintenance of email database and regular communications. Also responsible for compiling information and reporting on corporate thought leadership initiatives. Serves as mentor and subject matter expertise resource to other members of the Public Affairs team and other departments across the enterprise as needed.
- Writes and produces news releases, talking points, technical papers, correspondence, and other professionally written materials/content in multiple formats.
- Serves as a company spokesperson, fielding media requests, conducting on-the-record media interviews, and other public presentations as needed.
- Assists department leadership and works closely with partnership development teams in the development and management of stakeholder outreach, messaging and related strategies.
- Writes and produces strategic messaging in multiple formats, to include media statements, talking points, technical papers, correspondence, and other professionally written materials/content.
- Supports facility public information officers (PIOs) by serving as the lead on development, coordination, and implementation of PIO training and related media relation strategies and activities.
- Participates in and completes special public affairs projects as assigned by department leadership and senior management.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations or related field is required.
- Four years of media/public relations experience, including two years as an on-the-record spokesperson, is required.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement is required.
- One year of experience in managing social media platforms is required.
- Effective communication skills; written, verbal, and listening, are required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including senior management. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran..
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-13