Crown Castle provides wireless carriers with the infrastructure they need to keep people connected and businesses running. With approximately 40,000 towers and 26,500 miles of fiber supporting small cells, Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure with a significant presence in the top 100 US markets. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $44 billion.
Position Title: Manger Public Affairs
The position carries a high level of responsibility, leading the execution of Public Affairs strategy and related campaigns at the regional and local levels under the direction of Corporate Communications and in partnership with the network real estate teams. The overall goal is to educate and inform residents, influencers, municipal staff and elected officials, to help shape public policy and opinion, generate advocates, and build community relationships for the successful deployment of Crown Castle’s small cell and fiber networks.
Essential Job Functions
- Based on overall business priorities and national strategy, develop and implement local Public Affairs strategy, tactics, campaigns and activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key local community organizations, influencers, proponents and opponents.
- Monitor and maintain information on legislation, pertinent telecommunications policy, and associated lobbying efforts.
- Build relationships, develop collaborative partnerships and networks, internally and externally.
- Support communications efforts to build brand trust, in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Liaise with the network real estate and communications teams and external firms/agencies to ensure that action and intelligence are effectively applied in real time to achieve desired results.
- Work with other regional leadership to share learning and optimize programs.
- Prepare written statements for internal and external audiences, including the media.
- Participate in media relations and community activities as Crown spokesperson in local communities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Public Relations/Communications, or equivalent education and experience preferred
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years corporate communications and public affairs experience
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with IR and internal communications teams
- Experience with community outreach/grassroots campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and persuasion skills
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to manage time and workload against priorities
- Ability to master new, difficult concepts and content quickly and effectively and converse in different functional and brand areas
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and follow-through
Reports to: VP Marketing & Communications
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Up to 50% travel.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 15, 2017