The Wendy's Company
Reporting to the SVP of External & Government Relations, the Manager of Public Affairs leads Wendy’s national franchisee grassroots program including effective local engagement and mobilization to build influence and achieve the system’s public policy goals. Collaborates across departments, with a network of 300+ independent franchisees and with external organizations to connect with policy makers, stakeholders and communities. Responsible for Wendy’s PAC including annual membership campaign and compliance. Provides government relations support by tracking legislation, regulation and providing update, summaries and action plans. Serves as Company liaison to state and local policy makers and community leaders in State of Ohio and Central Ohio area (corporate headquarters) and provide targeted community relations support.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Lead franchisee grassroots mobilization by directly engaging franchisees and key Company personnel. Provide issue summaries, talking points, action steps and location-specific political data/profiles. Mobilization includes political and community relations strategy, planning and execution and collaboration with Communications team to maximize positive reputation.
- Responsible for all aspects of Wendy’s Political Action Committee. Run annual membership campaign, primary liaison with Wendy’s PAC Advisory Board, provide PAC updates/data/presentations. Work with outside vendors to manage PAC receipts and disbursements, record keeping and compliance. Schedule in-district PAC meetings and in-district disbursements. Manage all PAC communications.
- Work with Wendy’s charity of choice (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption) and other key stakeholders on opportunities to raise the brand’s profile and reputation through local civic engagement. Actively seek positive stories from Customer Care, field, social media team and other sources to enhance local civic engagement program.
- Remain current on status of federal/state/local legislative and regulatory activity of interest to the system. Liaison with trade associations, coalitions, suppliers, consultants, industry peers, policy makers and provide updates as needed. Act as a Company representative before policy makers especially at State of Ohio and Central Ohio levels (corporate headquarters location).
This position will be based at The Wendy’s Company headquarters in Dublin, a suburb of Columbus, OH. The Wendy’s Company is the world’s second largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the U.S. and 25 other countries and U.S. territories worldwide.
Not familiar with Columbus? Visit www.liveworkplaycolumbus.com
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-5 years’ experience in direct management of federal political action committees including solid understanding of PAC laws, regulations, compliance and trends
- 5-8 years’ experience in grassroots management in corporate, trade association or campaign environment
- Excellent communication skills including written and in-person presentations. Dynamic, high-energy relationship builder with track record of persuasive engagement strategies and techniques
- Superior organizational and project management skills to efficiently engage franchisees in localities across the nation
Wendy’s is an equal employment opportunity employer who may provide reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please note that the Wendy’s Company does not accept unsolicited résumé’s from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit résumé’s to an approved requisition, the Wendy’s company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 16, 2017