Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Public Affairs
Manager, Public Affairs
The National Wooden Pallet & Container Association (NWPCA) represents more than 670 company members in 30 countries who manufacture, repair and distribute pallets and wood packaging or supply products and services to the industry. Association activities seek to advance wood packaging as the solution for securing and transporting the unit-load globally. NWPCA actively works to establish strong, long-term relationships with the Regulatory Agencies, Members of Congress, and House/Senate committees that have jurisdiction over the Organization’s policy priorities.
The Manager, Public Affairs, will coordinate advocacy and communications efforts. The Manager will be an integral part of NWPCA’s efforts to achieve legislative goals, political action committee (PAC) fundraising targets, and internal and external communications goals.
This position reports to the Vice President of Public Affairs and is based in Alexandria, Virginia.
Communications and Social Media (Approximately 40%)
• Assist in managing the Organization’s print and digital documents, websites, and social media accounts.
• Assist as writer/editor for developing, producing, and maintaining the Organization’s communication channels.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy for NWPCA and senior leadership social media accounts.
Government Affairs (Approximately 30%)
• Manages regulatory, legislative, and political tracking and analysis using Quorum and Politico Pro and makes advocacy strategy recommendations to the VP of Public Affairs.
• Represents the Organization at coalition meetings and other entities that NWPCA is a member of, as assigned.
• Assist in planning and executing congressional pallet plant tours.
Political Action Committee (Approximately 30%)
• Manage electronic forms and solicitation letters.
• Manage day-to-day financial donations and reconciliation.
• Assists with annual fundraising drives and PAC events at the Annual Leadership Conference.
• Represent the Organization at PAC events as needed.
Required: A bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of public affairs and advocacy experience. The individual must have the ability to work independently, strong writing skills, and a track record of handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Preferred: A demonstrated interest in sustainability and the supply chain.
Apply: Submit a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to email@example.com. Posting will remain open until filled.
Salary: 50,000 – 60,000, based on experience.
Job posted: 2021-12-20