Manager, Public Affairs
CoreCivic is currently recruiting for a Manager, Public Affairs to join our Communications/Marketing team at our Facility Support Center (HQ) location in the Green Hills area of Nashville, TN. This role requires a blend marketing, communications, and public relations management skillsets and collaborates with the facility level Public Information Officers, and internal staff nationwide at our existing and future facilities and has a highly visible role in managing and contributing to the image, reputation, and public awareness of CoreCivic. You will be engaged with media, executives, government clients, and stockholders as well as internal staff education projects.
The Manager, Public Affairs is responsible for cultivating and facilitating stakeholder advocacy for the company, to include researching and developing strategic messaging that enhances the company’s reputation and relationships with stakeholders. Responsible for project management and event planning around stakeholder outreach efforts, as well as development and maintenance of email database and regular communications. Also responsible for compiling information and reporting on corporate thought leadership initiatives and being the primary backup to the Director, Public Affairs .
- Supports department leadership in the building and maintaining of strategic relationships with stakeholders and allies for the company.
- Assists department leadership and works closely with partnership development teams in the development and management of stakeholder outreach and related strategies.
- Develops and maintains email database of stakeholders and executes strategic email engagement strategy with these individuals.
- Develops, integrates and manages projects, to include event planning and other community, public and media relation activities as needed.
- Serves as a company spokesperson as needed, fielding media requests, conducting on-the-record media interviews, and other public presentations.
- Conducts and coordinates internal and external research as needed to support public affairs and partnership development initiatives, including reporting support for thought leadership efforts.
- Writes and produces strategic messaging in multiple formats, to include media statements, talking points, technical papers, correspondence, and other professionally written materials/content.
- Participates in and completes special public affairs projects as assigned by management.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
CoreCivic is a diversified government solutions company with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government challenges in cost-effective ways. We provide a broad range of solutions to government partners that serve the public good through high-quality corrections and detention management, innovative and cost-saving government real estate solutions, and a growing network of residential reentry centers to help address America’s recidivism crisis. We are a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) and the nation’s largest owner of partnership correctional, detention and residential reentry facilities. We have been a flexible and dependable partner for government for more than 30 years.
Professionalism. Respect. Integrity. Duty. Excellence (PRIDE). These words describe the essence of our values as a company. PRIDE is personified everyday by every employee at every level at CoreCivic. It shapes the choices we make and is the roadmap to how we achieve our mission and realize our vision. CoreCivic is the leader in private correctional facilities and we are growing into the leader in the rehabilitation and re-entry market with facilities nationwide. Our facilities make a difference with the giving of both time and resources to organizations that are doing important work locally. CoreCivic is always recognized as a valued partner because of our unwavering commitment to community. Learn more at http://www.corecivic.com/.
- Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited college or university, in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- Three years of media/public relations experience, including one year as an on-the-record spokesperson
- Experience with stakeholder engagement
- One year of experience in managing social media platforms
- Effective communication skills; written, verbal, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license
- Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years old
- Experience working within political campaigns or with state/federal government agencies
- Active membership in professional associations (PRSA, IABC, etc.)
- Experience in Corporate Communications or PR Firm/Agency
- Experience in Crisis Communications, Incident Management, crafting Strategic Messaging, Press Releases/Media Statements, & responding to a variety of Media Inquiries
Learn more here
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Job posted: 2019-03-27