Manager, Public Engagement
We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business and the success of our key stakeholders. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Department of Public Engagement supports the mission of the Policy & Government Affairs department by building, mobilizing, and measuring public support for Instacart’s policy priorities. The Public Engagement team achieves its goals by implementing comprehensive advocacy campaigns, building coalitions, organizing community stakeholders, and developing paid media to support proactive and reactive policy goals throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The Manager, Public Engagement will work across the Public Engagement team to develop and execute an innovative public engagement strategy, and ensure that project goals are being achieved throughout the department. The Strategic Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Public Engagement, and is based in Washington, DC. The position requires travel.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with the Director of Public Engagement in developing and implementing strategic plans to advance department and company-wide objectives.
- Develop innovative strategies and messages using research and data to develop innovative strategies and messages to build public support among stakeholders.
- Develop metrics and tracking tools to measure the success of public engagement initiatives.
- Conduct research and write memos analyzing pressing policy topics and potential public engagement opportunities.
Community Engagement & Stakeholder Relations
- Own and manage Instacart’s participation in policy conferences, partner meetings, and community events including preparing briefing materials, generating collateral, and managing event logistics.
- Develop the agenda, build events, and oversee logistics for policy related public events involving f company executives.
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders and provide them with regular updates on Instacart news and events.
- Support Public Engagement team in developing playbooks for winning advocacy campaigns and paid media strategies.
- Develop and update written collateral and reports for use in internal and external meetings.
Operations & Team Coordination
- Manage the administrative operations and team coordination of the Department of Public Engagement, and identify effective uses of technology to maximize team efficiency.
- Manage scheduling, agendas, and follow ups for meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder contact database, ensuring accurate and timely data collection.
- Analyze data to track progress towards engagement goals, target outreach, and identify future engagement opportunities.
- Relevant experience in public policy, operations, event planning or external relations
- Strategic thinker who anticipates problems and develops practical solutions
- Use data to develop strategies, create action plans, and implement these plans.
- Exhibit strong process-oriented skills and strive to find the most efficient way to do things without sacrificing a high quality of work and/or results
- Work cross-functionally, across geographies and time zones
- Demonstrate acute attention to detail and follow through
- Absorb new information and learn new skills quickly, with appropriate resources and support
- Write and speak clearly and concisely
- Deliver on tight deadlines in high pressure situations
- Demonstrate courtesy, professionalism and strong interpersonal skills, especially with VIP external stakeholders
- Exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Experience with use of databases and/or CRMs preferred
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-09